My little project

Had a great golden before current dog. At about 6 years old, we found her having a seizure. Would not snap out of it so vet sedated her. When she came to she immediately went back to siezing. Horrible site. We had to put her down. Best dog i have ever had.

I fell enjoy hearing about everyone else's dogs. Confirmed dog lover here. For the last almost 30 years we've always had a Corgi (Pembroke) or two. When we lost our third Corgi last winter we thought hard about a rescue but ended up with another Corgi. She's 8 months old now. She loves to be out on the deck with me when I'm grilling. They've all been wonderful dogs but this latest one is special. I do admire those of you that adopt rescues.

All of our rescues have been golden retrievers except our current rescue which is a golden/husky/coyote mix. All of them have been super friendly totally trustworthy dogs. Goldens except for their ability to shed twice the amount of hair that they posses every day are the perfect family dog.
But they come with baggage, like Bruce's golden all of ours died of either cancer or uncontrolled seizures.

Last edited:
Some of the family is aware of the BBQ I'm cleaning up for my sister's birthday. Our Mom asked me if there is anything she could add after already buying a grill cover for it. I told her that was enough but she wants to do more. So we got online and found an old never used #9890 rotisserie for about $40. She bought that, then the warming rack that all the old genius grill's are missing. She asked me what else I have to do, I told her I need to replace one of the casters and she tried to buy them. I had to tell her no because she has to be around $100 dollars into it now. But I also know for her it was staying home, a few mouse clicks, everything showing up at the door, and she is done. And that she likes because she likes easy.

As for the grinder talk. I was at the grocery store with my daughter and she tells me I have something stuck in my neck. She reached over and pulled it out. I thought she was messing with me because it felt like she pulled out a deep rooted hair. Then she showed me a a wire that somehow flew off the cup brush and stuck deep in my neck behind my ear. I also scraped my hand but I'm not sure if it was grill cleaning or a previous thing. I will do something to myself when working and not realize it until sometime later when I'm done.

On that note I think I'll get at least a paper mouth and nose mask for the next time. And a face sheild to better protect myself. I already wear glasses, and I thought that would be good enough for eye protection. However after having a wire go around my head then into the back of my neck I'm thinking more protection is good. I saw the picture Bruce posted and it's true. You get nasty grinding on those things.

Love all the dog stories. Since I was a kid we always had at least one dog around. Now I'm 42 years into dogs, and many heartbreak's as they don't get to be around as long as we do.

As for the grinder talk. I was at the grocery store with my daughter and she tells me I have something stuck in my neck. She reached over and pulled it out. I thought she was messing with me because it felt like she pulled out a deep rooted hair. Then she showed me a a wire that somehow flew off the cup brush and stuck deep in my neck behind my ear. I also scraped my hand but I'm not sure if it was grill cleaning or a previous thing. I will do something to myself when working and not realize it until sometime later when I'm done.

On that note I think I'll get at least a paper mouth and nose mask for the next time. And a face sheild to better protect myself. I already wear glasses, and I thought that would be good enough for eye protection. However after having a wire go around my head then into the back of my neck I'm thinking more protection is good. I saw the picture Bruce posted and it's true. You get nasty grinding on those things.

Jason: I have that happen often. I have pulled those damn wires out of my arms, shoulders and other places. Some have been about 1/4" deep. I also continually pull them out of my shirts and shorts that I wear when grinding. I am sure safety glasses are all you need for your eyes and like you, I have started to wear a white paper mask when grinding the cook boxes. I figured that all that black gunk in my snot when I blow my nose isn't good. That is why I was interested to see if anyone was successful using a media blasting system or even some type of cleaning system that would clean them up better than just scrubbing and scraping. It is definitely the worst part of a rehab project IMO.

"I also continually pull them out of my shirts and shorts that I wear when grinding"

I noticed a ton of that also.

I forgot to mention above, there was also a smoke box bought for my sister's grill. I think I'm starting to get a little envious :).

Has a Weber propane tank cover appeared yet? How about a chef's apron? Grate scraper? BBQ tool set?

Has a Weber propane tank cover appeared yet? How about a chef's apron? Grate scraper? BBQ tool set?

LOL. They are actually already on my shopping list. That is a small tool set, scraper, and cheapish digital thermometer. I'd like to get the thermopen or pop, but my wallet says no. That along with the other things mentioned will be presented when she gets it. No tank cover or aprons are on the list. But if I could have got in on the Target clearance I might have done it. I'm hoping I have the time today to do some finish work.

Love all the dog stories. Since I was a kid we always had at least one dog around. Now I'm 42 years into dogs, and many heartbreak's as they don't get to be around as long as we do.

I know exactly what you mean Jason. Every time we've lost our family dog it's been heartbreaking. Each time we've lost one I've thought if only their lifespan matched ours.

The finished product delivered and presented to my sister. Unfortunately the rotisserie didn't arrive in time to be part of the display. It should be here on Monday. She was very excited and happy. :blackgenesis1000:

There was a little more I would have liked to get done but I just didn't have the time. Here it is.

Lucky Sister. That is an awesome gift.
The problem for you now is the same one that I am having. You have just given up your membership in the SKYLINE Club. I have been keeping my eyes open for my ticket back in, but they are just so hard to come by around me. I am hoping one pops up next spring/summer.

Jason,
Looks like you are still in! Look forward to seeing what you do with that one:cool:

Bruce,
Our re-admission policy is very liberal. I think you may need to find a reason to make a trip to Chicagoland. As I mentioned, there are two or three Skylines listed there right now. Also a classic Genesis Platinum with the Summit frame. :eek:

Something I noticed. On the grills I have the kettle is on the left side of the emblem. But not on the one Bruce did. However in the before and after pic of Bruce's Skyline it used to be on the left.

I'm confused. Did Weber change something?

https://i.imgur.com/UuHm3r8.jpg
https://beta.photobucket.com/u/BBQ76/p/2f8b3fd7-b0ed-4617-81a1-00e4c66575ac

That is very observant. I have to admit that I used an extra badge that I had for that grill because it was in a lot better shape than the original.

That is very observant. I have to admit that I used an extra badge that I had for that grill because it was in a lot better shape than the original.

So the older emblems were different with the kettle on the right side? I thought they were all the same until I started looking at the pictures.

Back