Barbecue Clichés

It's like with the many home remodeling shows. I've heard "ship lap" so many times I want to scream. Not to mention, it looks great in a beach house, but who wants their house in the middle of Texas to look like it's a shack on the South Carolina shoreline? Accent wall? Great. Entire room? Looks like a giant outhouse. And then there's the general hatred of brick. Everybody wants to paint it. Thousands of dollars to lay all that brick and they want to paint over it. Makes no sense to me unless the brick is damaged and too expensive to repair properly.

From looking at the chart, it would seem "flavor profile" is short for "components of flavor and the overall eating experience that impact the experience of consuming this food". About the only thing missing here is "setting" and "dining partners".

Well I probably beat that horse (to use a cliche) dead. My wife makes me watch all those remodeling shows too. She painted our bedroom, I guess when gray was really popular. So we have a gray room with an accent wall that is a slightly differing shade of gray. Then the whole "pop corn ceiling" thing. Every bad design thing now is something that people just HAD to have at one point. I remember my mother putting that texture in her house during a remodel back in the 90's because you had to have it. Now it HAS to come out. Is it wrong that I like a house that has rooms instead of an "open concept"? I'd love a house with wood paneling.

Our house, with popcorn ceilings, has been in and out of vogue since the mid 1970's when it was built.
My wife couldn't live without HGTV. :(

On topic: The fat will melt down and keep the meat moist.

Our house, with popcorn ceilings, has been in and out of vogue since the mid 1970's when it was built.
My wife couldn't live without HGTV. :(

On topic: The fat will melt down and keep the meat moist.

HGTV has got to be better than Barbs favorite, The Hallmark Channel I get to watch every night. Christmas love stories one right after another starting in late October. ARRRG!

Back