Bruce's First Skyline Rebuild - Before & After

Bosch sounds like the way to go.....How the heck did this turn into a dishwashing thread on TVWBB????????? ;)

I think you mentioned what you needed the $ for and things took a life if their own as they do around here. :rolleyes:

But, if you get a black Bosch you could get someone to put a Skyline decoration on it. That way you would still have a Skyline to look at:cool:!

I cannot vouch for LG as I am so disgusted with them as a company I will NEVER buy an LG product of ANY type ever again. But I will address the Bosch and misinformation you have received. The Bosch DOES have a heating element. It is under the panel and out of harms way so if a plastic utensil falls down you will not have melted plastic all over. For whoever it was that said something about the "smell" yes a Bosch & many other BTW will smell if the filter(s) are not cleaned in the bottom of the machine. As long as you clean them the machine will not smell.
As for how a Bosch (and other European designed machines dry) they use condensation dry. Which is WONDERFUL because it does not vent the steam under the counter and if you have laminate counters you will understand why not venting steam under there is important. I owned a Bosch for a long time and would have bought another had I been able to find one in stock. I only bought the Electrolux because it was the only product I was able to find "in stock" to simply buy and take home. But believe me when that Electrolux POS dies there WILL be another Bosch in it's place!

Barb and I bought a LG range from Sears when we built our new home in Prescott, About six months after we installed it one of the burner knobs became very loose. It was under warranty so I called Sears and they sent a tech out. He pulled it off and the stem was cracked, he then pulled the other four off and they were showing signs of cracking. He got on his lap top to order five new knobs. He had this puzzled look on his face and said somethings wrong here let me call the parts office and see what I can find out.
What he found out was that the cost to Sears for those five knobs was $625 $125 each... for plastic burner knobs!
They had to do it two more times before the warranty ran out. The next time I went to the appliance store and bought five new knobs that looked almost the same and had metal supports on the shaft. Five new knobs that completely fixed the problem $35 and change.
Never looked at an LG product again.

LOL, Jon, that sounds like something you would come up with. :)

We have a black Bosch. Do you think I should recommend it to my wife?!!!!

I can see it now:

2e1zii0.jpg

Hey, at least I am staying on topic:cool:!

Those are confined to my "man cave" study. I have a big water color of old Comiskey Park, a framed photo from the last game played there and a three-dimensional Sox logo. These days my interest in baseball has waned, but I had some special times at old Comiskey Park that reminded me of my Dad's stories of being a kid at Ebbets Field seeing the Brooklyn Dodgers in the day.

Now we are wandering off topic again, except that you could see the Chicago Skyline view pretty well from old Comiskey:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...-park-stadium-and-skyline-news-photo/83902791

Maybe Joel can cut you a Madison skyline decal for your Bosch dishwasher? Or something equally interesting, maybe a red Kettle badge!
Oh, and Joel, the stickers came Saturday! They look great, I know what my project for spring is going to be!

I cannot vouch for LG as I am so disgusted with them as a company I will NEVER buy an LG product of ANY type ever again. But I will address the Bosch and misinformation you have received. The Bosch DOES have a heating element. It is under the panel and out of harms way so if a plastic utensil falls down you will not have melted plastic all over. For whoever it was that said something about the "smell" yes a Bosch & many other BTW will smell if the filter(s) are not cleaned in the bottom of the machine. As long as you clean them the machine will not smell.
As for how a Bosch (and other European designed machines dry) they use condensation dry. Which is WONDERFUL because it does not vent the steam under the counter and if you have laminate counters you will understand why not venting steam under there is important. I owned a Bosch for a long time and would have bought another had I been able to find one in stock. I only bought the Electrolux because it was the only product I was able to find "in stock" to simply buy and take home. But believe me when that Electrolux POS dies there WILL be another Bosch in it's place!

Its not misinformation:

All Bosch dishwashers use a condensation drying process. ... Additionally, since Bosch dishwashers do not use a heating element, your plastics are safe in the lower rack. Here's how it works: The final rinse uses high-temperature water to make the dishes very hot.

Dishwasher FAQs | Top Tips | Bosch
https://www.bosch-home.com/us/...bosch/tips-and.../frequently_asked_questions_answer...

Yes they have a heating element for heating water which of course they would to a temperature for condensation drying but that is not the same as having a heating element on the bottom. From what I have read they don't do a great job with drying plastic which we use a lot of and they recommend using using a rinse aid to help drying plastic bowls or whatever. You also have to manually clean the food filter.

The KitchenAid can be used either way you don't have to use the dryer if you don't want to you can do condensation drying if you wish, if using the dryer you don't need rinse aid and the food filter is permanent it does not need cleaning. The DB's on the higher end Bosch are the same as the KitchenAid model I bought and are sitting at 39 which is very quiet. Both have the 3rd rack so a wash there.

I know plenty of people who have Bosch Dishwashers and are happy with them I just wanted to have the flexibility of using the drying option or not and most likely my wife will use that exclusively. Neither is a bad choice BestBuy had a great sale, install for free KitchenAid the model I got not all models, deliver for free and in GA which I did not know if you have a built in appliance professionally installed they do not charge sales tax which was a nice chunk of change to put in your pocket or take the wife out to dinner.

I agree with you on the LG would not touch their stuff again.

I think you mentioned what you needed the $ for and things took a life if their own as they do around here. :rolleyes:

But, if you get a black Bosch you could get someone to put a Skyline decoration on it. That way you would still have a Skyline to look at:cool:!

Maybe an outline of the Cologne Cathedral (have to recognize the German roots)

FWIW you can turn off the drying on the Bosch product also and it also dried everything just fine with or without rinse aid. I think the rinse aid is primarily for those fols who have hard water that is not treated. I do find the ability to use either type of drying quite intriguing. Next machine I will have to check them out. I went with the Euro drying process because my old machines totally disintegrated the underside of my laminate counter. I see some of the machines now vent way down near the bottom of the door. I think a nod to complaints of steam ruining counters

Maybe Joel can cut you a Madison skyline decal for your Bosch dishwasher? Or something equally interesting, maybe a red Kettle badge!
Oh, and Joel, the stickers came Saturday! They look great, I know what my project for spring is going to be!

Haha! First priority would be to cover up all the Samsung logos on our appliances :D

Haha! First priority would be to cover up all the Samsung logos on our appliances :D

Touché!
I kind of like the Koln cathedral suggestion Larry!
The Skyline near me is down to $60 but, it’s a two burner natural gas model. I’m passing on this one for now. Also, nowhere to store it for winter at virtually any price!

Back