Found my unfindable...a Weber Junior/Jr.

That is listed on the Weber Kettle Club Forum and priced for members at $150 if anyone is interested.

Jeff

Wanted to post the original Jr. Owners Manual I have as well-

QXeshzl.jpg

Some good pics of OE parts numbers as well-

ZCtqYJ9.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:
"We went back and forth for a couple weeks on measurements and what Tubes he was going to use for the project. I wanted to use a set of Vintage Weber Tubes for this project as I know the older Weber Tubes were made of a non-magnetic material, and once I found and purchased a set I had them shipped to Dave for him to do his thing.
Dave cut 5 1/2"off each Burner Tube closest to the retaining screws end, flattened them out, then notched and welded the ends shut."

We used Original Weber Tubes #3609 of the non-magnetic variety.

Jeff

What was your cost for these tubes? In my local hardware store, I saw these telescoping universal burner tubes that could work. See:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003I5XUWY/tvwb-20

Jeff, can we rely on you to post up the next time you find it on sale and let us know where how to get the $25 discounts and all that????
This could be a game changer for me. I was really getting tired of scraping black gunk out of my nose and ears for days after grinding a cook box and end caps.

Bruce,
If you have a Staples account they have a $25.00 off coupon off $75 .00 or more going on right now 09/24/18 .They normally sell the Dawn Power Dissolver for $60.99 so I add a ink cartridge for my printer which I always am in need of.

Jeff

Jeff, I have one 50 miles away. I can't make it today, but if they have that coupon offer again, let me know. I think they have those kind of coupons pretty often (at least they used to) if you know where to find them.

Thanks for the tip. YOu can get the same price of $60.99 for a case of six 32 oz bottles at Amazon but they don't have the $25 coupon like Staples.

Let me know if you find it again with the coupon and I will try to make the drive down.

Picked up my favorite grill covers for the Junior today-

lP3UYl9l.jpg

gV5VopVl.jpg

It's the Factory Weber one that is rubberized and vented. This one is new in the package which is dated 2006. The original Junior cover is a half cover which only covers the lid and not much more. Those are rare as hens teeth so I grabbed one made for the Spirit 500/Silver A which is 48.3" wide and covers my 46.5" wide JR just fine.

Jeff

Jeff,
That is a good find for a very special grill. You are a good searcher:). I spent a long time hunting for a cover for my One-Touch Platinum Kettle (the short-lived one with the oval thermoset tables on each side). Yukon used to make one, but nobody seems to have any left. Amazon still had the discontinued Weber original but at an outrageous price:mad:. I finally found an online seller I never heard of where I still paid more than I would have liked but half of what the Amazon seller was trying to extort.

Good catch Jeff. I like my 9859 as well. I had 9857 for my Silver B and loved it. I should have not sold it with the grill.

Back