Found my unfindable...a Weber Junior/Jr.

Like I stated, spray liberally, let sit and do it's thing, then rinse off with a strong stream. Oh...and don't get on your skin, it burns.
Yeah, that's incredible! I thought you had media blasted those end caps.

So what's your determination on the lid color? As I've stated before, I have a hard time understanding this color when I see it online in photos.

I like to to see that too. That would save a lot of work if it really works on the inside of the firebox.

That redhead in South Bend is not that far from me but, I’m not so sure my wife would understand....
I agree, the guy with the Jr. looks like he knows his onions, he’s got a black 1000 for sale too. Fully restored, nice hobby of you have the space.
I think I might just need to get a jug of that SuperDawn stuff! No skin contact, got it!

New to the forum and learning a lot. My first gasser is a Jr. I finally went to gas after a summer of not being able to use charcoal in my location. My two Weber 22" went sitting all summer. I was searching CL for a grill and came across a Redhead Jr. not far away - 150 miles -- for $40. I called the guy and he told me his mom used it about 10 times. After I saw the photos I believed it.There was some rust on the bars but everything else seemed fine. I recently upgraded the bars to RCPlane S/S and that has been about it. I realigned the ignitor and it works just fine.
I recently picked up a Genesis 1000 Redhead and another 1000 for parts. I'm starting the restoration on it. Hopefully this weekend Ii'' sand all the wood and in thenext month get it back together.
Here's a pic or Redhead Jr.
genesis%20jr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
genesis%20jr%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New to the forum and learning a lot. My first gasser is a Jr. I finally went to gas after a summer of not being able to use charcoal in my location. My two Weber 22" went sitting all summer. I was searching CL for a grill and came across a Redhead Jr. not far away - 150 miles -- for $40. I called the guy and he told me his mom used it about 10 times. After I saw the photos I believed it.There was some rust on the bars but everything else seemed fine. I recently upgraded the bars to RCPlane S/S and that has been about it. I realigned the ignitor and it works just fine.
I recently picked up a Genesis 1000 Redhead and another 1000 for parts. I'm starting the restoration on it. Hopefully this weekend Ii'' sand all the wood and in thenext month get it back together.
Here's a pic or Redhead Jr.
genesis%20jr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
genesis%20jr%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That one is outstanding. Love the black knobs and early side cap/handle configuration. Looks like you have the original wheels, too!

Wow, we are having Jr.'s and Skylines popping up galore! I hope someday to have a FINISHED Skyline to show off and maybe someday my own Genesis I:)!

Great job on the Jr and with RCP grates, you made your money back twice over right there.

Good luck with the Genesis 1000 rehab. I think you will find it to be a great grilling machine.

Jim,
Beautiful example of a Junior and close to Home too.

Jeff

Yeah, that's incredible! I thought you had media blasted those end caps.

So what's your determination on the lid color? As I've stated before, I have a hard time understanding this color when I see it online in photos.

Chris,
The lid color match the Full size Genesis lid I have to a "T". According to the Weber brochure you have it's Brown but it's definitely a different shade of Brown, almost like it has some Copper in it.

Jeff

Last edited:
Where did you find it, JKim?

I would try that out if I knew where to buy it.

When I was looking to try and buy some I could not find anything close.
Amazon is showing it here:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00PRACR7W/tvwb-20

If that is the right product it seems hard to find. :(
Thanks

I have bought it by the case from several different vendors including Officesupply.com, Staples, as well as Amazon. Keep checking as the price goes up and down quite a bit. The last couple cases I bought from Staples and used my $25 off coupon.

I wonder how well it would work on the inside of a cook box???

I will be letting you know as soon as my bottle arrives. If as good as promised, I will promptly order a case.

I like to to see that too. That would save a lot of work if it really works on the inside of the firebox.

Better work REALLY well at $18 for a bottle

Yah, but it it does work that well. It is well worth the $18.

As long as you scrape all the loose grease off the Cook Box and use the Power Dissolver in two or three steps you will be rewarded with a grease-free Box. I don't wire wheel my Cook Boxes as I feel it adds microscopic scratches to the Aluminum which will only make future grease removal that much more difficult.

Yes,no doubt it is costly, but if you buy it buy the case on sale it's less than $9 a bottle.

Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff, can we rely on you to post up the next time you find it on sale and let us know where how to get the $25 discounts and all that????
This could be a game changer for me. I was really getting tired of scraping black gunk out of my nose and ears for days after grinding a cook box and end caps.

Jeff, can we rely on you to post up the next time you find it on sale and let us know where how to get the $25 discounts and all that????
This could be a game changer for me. I was really getting tired of scraping black gunk out of my nose and ears for days after grinding a cook box and end caps.

I bought a bottle and am going to give it a good try. It does seem amazing but it’s hard for me to believe that it can replace an angle grinder on the really burnt on stuff...I am with Bruce that this would be a game changer for grill restorations.

Jeff, we appreciate you sharing, I will share my own experience as well - after my fall tax season:p!

Jeff how long have you been using this stuff and why have I never heard of it. Lol
Also how many container would it take to clean an average grill? The inside of that lid/caps look really good!!!

Back