Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

When the remains of storm Gordon meet a cold front you get a lot of rain.
That's 5" from yesterday evening until this morning.

Wanna trade? Just kidding. Wouldn't wish our summer on anyone.

Delta Fire. Interstate 5 has been closed since Wednesday. Possibly reopen tomorrow.

f3e33f85-e8f9-4a42-abee-16d5c5c4696a-DeltaFire0907eve_hvu012.JPG

Thank gosh for the Big Guns.

2327fb66-a751-4157-93cb-696c08c60782-large16x9_DeltaFireMaureenBonessa.jpg

I'm not sure how many trapped, abandoned big rigs have burned, but lots.

1b3c67ce-23da-4f09-a305-d084e497af6b-large16x9_Deltafire.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Cliff you folks are getting hammered with those fires. We're back in the 100* heat again and it isn't fun. Stay safe.

Back into the 80's here next week.
Let the snows begin.
There will be NO complaints when & if the snows come & we have to shovel snow and or plow it.
And I hope that my snow plow gets a good work out this winter.

Last edited:
It was back in the 90's this last week, but supposed to be in the 80's this week with a chance of rain.
Just so long as it doesn't rain Tuesday night. I'm planning on rocking my face off!

I've been living in a cave here recently, but it appears a named storm is bearing down on the Carolinas.

If it hits around Charleston, there's a good chance the piedmont plateau will catch high winds and heavy rains.

I've been living in a cave here recently, but it appears a named storm is bearing down on the Carolinas.

If it hits around Charleston, there's a good chance the piedmont plateau will catch high winds and heavy rains.

We just took over the Charleston area. Not sure if we're going to be able to deliver there early next week if it hits!
And I told my mom to grab her husband and come to Charlotte BEFORE it hits where she lives, an hour and a half east of here.
Gotta leave all the kitties, though. Sorry, Winn!

We just took over the Charleston area. Not sure if we're going to be able to deliver there early next week if it hits!
And I told my mom to grab her husband and come to Charlotte BEFORE it hits where she lives, an hour and a half east of here.
Gotta leave all the kitties, though. Sorry, Winn!

The latest tracking reports have the storm moving away from Wilmington towards Morehead City, and I'd be willing to bet the storm track will shift to the north even more as the eye nears the coast. Maybe South Carolina and western NC will miss the brunt of this, but I feel for the Outer Banks and the Chesapeake Bay area if the storm holds its wind speed.

Getting into the stores was murder today. Most folks were buying up water.

Last edited:
A few miles in either direction will make a huge difference. As of yesterday morning, they were predicting the Greensboro area to get 13+ inches or rain, Charlotte, 3 inches. I went out yesterday after work to get 6' of grade 70 chain to lock down the generator. Cases of water and 5 gallon gas cans were worth more than cigarettes in prison!!

My mom called me today and said that her husband thought they’d be fine. He survived a hurricane when he was at Camp
LeJune way back when he was in boot camp for the Marines.
Never mind that that was 60 years ago! ��

The latest tracking reports have the storm moving away from Wilmington towards Morehead City, and I'd be willing to bet the storm track will shift to the north even more as the eye nears the coast.

This storm is making me out to be a liar.

The latest path predictions are showing the storm moving in a westerly direction after after it makes landfall, and the local weatherman suggests the possibility of the storm looping south across the state line and going nowhere. If that happens, both Carolinas could experience catastrophic flooding.

This has been an unusual spring & summer in my opinion for this area. The month of May is considered the best month of the year, weather-wise, but air currents drifting up from Florida brought daily rains, and dew points stayed in the 70s for much of the month. We usually don't see weather patterns drifting straight up from the south unless it is in the form of a tropical storm or a depression. Our weather comes mostly comes from the west, northwest, or southwest airflows.

My mom called me today and said that her husband thought they’d be fine. He survived a hurricane when he was at Camp
LeJune way back when he was in boot camp for the Marines.

Never mind that that was 60 years ago! ��

Was that Hurricane Hazel?

Was that Hurricane Hazel?

No idea, but staying in a commercial style building, even in the 50's, is better than staying in a 40-50 year old house.
I told my family what they said, and my 2 older sisters have called and told them to get here if need be!

Back