Covers for Weber grills

Greg M

TVWBB All-Star
Has anyone else had the problem of their grill cover causing paint wear at the corners of their grill or grills? I'm assuming it happens as the cover comes in and off. I've got that going on with my old genesis 1000. I can touch up the paint but it's still annoying and extra work I don't need.

I use a Sam's/members mark cover. It's cheap and seems pretty good quality but its pretty heavy and not padded on the inside. I'm thinking I need a different cover.

I do have a weber cover on my genesis A. It hasn't caused that problem but it seems kind of flimsy...

Do most of you use weber covers? Or something else?

I don't cover mine Greg. I am too lazy so I wheel it in and out of the garage. It could be from taking the cover on and off, but it could also be from sitting in the wind, with the cover constantly moving and rubbing on corners and other high areas.

I always cover my grills, usually with the Weber cover. This past winter my wife bought me a Nice Steelers cover with a soft inside lining. Well, the field mice must like the lining because for the first time ever they visited my grill and left droppings everywhere. Yuk. Also ate some of the lining,

Bruce you might be right about the wind moving the cover and causing the wear.

Erik thanks. I haven't ever had trouble with field mice. Now squirrels are a different matter.

I think I'll just pick a cover from Amazon that has good reviews and to from there.

I also use the Ravenna cover from Classic Accessories. Also use it for all my furniture on my roof deck that gets a beating from the sun. The grill cover is a recent addition, but the furniture covers have lasted 4 years and still look great. Only issue was a tear in one this year, but the company sent me a new one free under the lifetime warranty. The grill cover has vents too, which is nice.

Do most of you use weber covers? Or something else?

I had one Weber grill cover for my Genesis, but it didn't last very long. I am not impressed with Weber's quality of their covers.
I purchased a Veranda grill cover next. It was less expensive than the Weber, and it has lasted much longer.....

Count me in on the Classic Accessories covers; I have a variety of Veranda's and a Montlake. I'm well-pleased with them but I cannot speak for their longevity, as my oldest one is from September 2016 and the others were purchased throughout 2017.

Some of the Amazon reviews weren't so happy about the warranty. Good to know you can try if it doesn't perform.

Yeah it was pretty painless. I sent them an email with a picture of the damage, a day later I got a shipment notification.

Back