Limited Edition Weber Original Kettle Premium 22" in RED!! Order by May 12!

Down to $149 at Home Depot!

Well, it looks like the reaction to the new Limited Edition Red Kettle may be short of what Weber and retailers were hoping for. I saw on the Weber Kettle Club site and confirmed by my own attempt that you can now get one of these for $149 at Home Depot, a drop of $50!

This price at least puts it in line with the Premium Kettle Grill with which is more comparable instead
of the nicer Master Touch. So, maybe you can find one with no chips and have a new Red a Kettle just in time for Christmas!

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the reaction to the new Limited Edition Red Kettle may be short of what Weber and retailers were hoping for. I saw on the Weber Kettle Club site and confirmed by my own attempt that you can now get one of these for $149 at Home Depot, a drop of $50!

This price at least puts it in line with the Premium Kettle Grill with which is more comparable instead
of the nicer Master Touch. So, maybe you can find one with no chips and have a new Red a Kettle just in time for Christmas!

My honest feeling is that the current kettles, and I'm talking about a Performer that is a couple years old compared to a 30 year old kettle, are just not the same. :(

The newer kettles just don't have the same steel, I tried to measure it and it seems that the newer kettles are about .010" thinner than the older ones. The lid is obviously one of the parts that is damaged with dents which get rusted. There are some dents on the 2 year old kettle I bought used recently. Also, the vent holes are punched though and leave lips around the holes, where the old lid had a flush rim where the vent hole was punched through.

Then I noticed today at OSH that every single kettle on display had dented edges on the lids.

In reading this thread on the "Limited Edition", it really exhibits the exact same issues. Dented rims on the lids, which even start to rust...I have to believe that Weber just doesn't make kettles the way they did 30 years ago, and I have one to compare side-by-side with a Performer Deluxe prior to the GBS inclusion.

Also, it is sure nice to have the handle on the vent, must easier to open/close, but it's so flimsy compared to my 30 year old kettle vent, it's very noticeable. You can see the rivet is already starting to pull away and loosen up on the newer one, and you can lift the vent off the lid pretty easily, as I said it's very flimsy where the 30 year old vent rivet is rock solid, similar to how it was shipped 30 years ago. The paint is obviously ore durable on the 30 year old kettle, and I have thrown it around on the dirt, the patio, the table, etc...but it has held up fine. I scratch my head as the Performer I just got will not last or look the same in 30 years.

My lid is actually in better shape and doesn't have any dents in the edge, and no rust spots like the newer one. Ok, I could blame the previous owner, but he took darn good care of the kettle, and it was cleaned when I bought it. Grill is in XLNT shape, half a bottle of gas for the starter, and even has a cover...these dents and rust spots on the edge of the lid are typical of what is seen on the floor models at OSH.

The proof is in the pudding. I'll add some pics to show these details to my thread when I have some time tomorrow.

Given the feedback here, maybe it’s a good thing this is a “Limited Edition” piece?

Yeah, well in that regard most all of the new ones are "Limited" to some extent. Limited in quality.

Weber is in a race to the bottom with all the other offshore companies...they are making the bed they will sleep in. :(

Best way is to vote with your wallets. It's not the only way but it's the most effective. It's hard to keep blaming companies for what they do if we keep buying. We all sell out a little though and have to live with that. China can produce some amazing products so I don't automatically assume china=cramp.

Best way is to vote with your wallets. It's not the only way but it's the most effective. It's hard to keep blaming companies for what they do if we keep buying. We all sell out a little though and have to live with that. China can produce some amazing products so I don't automatically assume china=cramp.

I couldn't agree more, and exactly why I just bought a used Performer over a new one. What's the difference, the quality is not like it used to be and a new one is going to get dented and rust spots on it just like a used one...I have a few scratches around the table, so it was used, but it's in good shape and I'm doing my first cook on it while I type...I'm doing a boneless tandoori lamb roast...it smells awesome...I just tossed some ingredients together after watching Steven Raichlen's video posting his cook on his Komodo Kamado...

I know that Raichlen does use Webers, but it's interesting that Weber is not a sponsor of his project smoke this season, AFAICT...that seems odd...

On second thought, maybe Raichlen quit letting them sponsor his show because the quality is falling off... :/

Got a Red Kettle for Christmas! Mine has a GREAT finish:)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I got my own Red Kettle for Christmas. Check out that beautiful red finish:

235qnq.jpg

Now if Weber can just make them like this in a full scale version:rolleyes:

That's sick! Handmade?

I think it is totally cool! My sister bought it for me. It was advertised on OfferUp ($10) as an American Girl doll item, but although they did make one, theirs was a black kettle with even more realistic detail. It is now retired, but you can sometimes find them on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292360119867

There is even a Smokey Joe:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202139933927

This red kettle apparently is a Teleflora item that was an accessory to a Father’s Day gift package. Since my wife is already fed up with grills, this will have to be an office decoration;).

Last edited:
Still trying to give the Red Kettle a fair chance

I had opportunity to watch the Baby Back Maniac’s follow-up You Tube about the President of Weber calling him about his video panning the Ltd Edition Red Kettle and stating his decision to return it.

It is a very good and informative video clip. Gives me hope that in time we will start seeing better Red Kettle grills :redmastertouch:as they work through damaged grill problems that Weber at least acknowledges. The author also learned that some negative observations might in part be due to our unrealistic expectations.

My local Lowes has them on sale for $130.00

Wow, that is getting down there! They still must not be selling that well. At that price it would be more tempting, as long as you could open and inspect before you take one home.

I do still appreciate that Weber at least tried to bring back a red kettle. If you could get one at this price (maybe even save another 10% ;)with the many different Lowes promotional deals) you could have a cool grill at a fair price by upgrading to stainless grates. It probably wouldn't take the abuse the tried and true made in USA old ones do, but it could still be an enjoyable grill. The one I saw in December at the Depot, missing a whole chunk off the lid wouldn't be worth more than $40 to $50 to me at least.

I went to Osh & saw a L.E. red for the first time today. It was marked down to $150 from $200.
While it didn't have terrible imperfections / chips, it did have a pretty bad "orange peel" finish. The finish actually made it look really dull.

I'm gonna PASS, really wanted a red but, not impressed with the paint and build quality, the display grill had a 2" dent on the lid with the paint chipped off. :(

I'm gonna PASS, really wanted a red but, not impressed with the paint and build quality, the display grill had a 2" dent on the lid with the paint chipped off. :(

I'll give you the part about build quality, but to be fair you can't buy a Weber grill based on the way it looks at the store. When I check the serial numbers of display models at The Home Depot or Orchard Supply Hardware, they're often 3-4 years old, they're banged up, and they're assembled wrong! :(

I am surprised at how many are assembled incorrectly at so many retailers.
I was in my local Lowes and the assembler was there, I complimented him on getting it right. He said it makes him crazy to see them done wrong! He also said that he’d only assembled two of the limited series, not moving very quickly around here.

Back