DigiQ II

Ed Cardoza

TVWBB Pro
I just recieved my DigiQII from Guru and I am totally lost on mounting the display unit to the blower. I found my instructions to be as clear as mud. I have the blower unit figured out, it's mounting it to the dislay unit. One mistake I made when ordering was in ordering the standard Weber door mount instead of the WSM door mount. Does anyone know if I am going to have to send that mounting bracket back?

HELP!!!!!!
icon_confused.gif

Hang in there Ed

1. Standard and WSM Adaptor mounts are the same and should look like this:

http://secure.thebbqguru.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp...ory=30&idproduct=147

There is no "door mount" for the WSM or Standard Weber.

2. The Digi II isn't really made to mount to the fan like the competitor and pit minder were. The fan has a single slit/slot. The Digi II has two tabs/nibs on the back that are designed to slide into the dual slit/slot mounting bracket that came with the kit. You can see the flat plate I am referring to, the two nibs on the back of the Digi II as well as the single slot of the fan tab in the pics on this url:

http://www.thebbqguru.com/bbqDigiQ.cfm

That flat plate on the kit picture (lower left corner) is actually the universal mount for the Digi II. You can see that the top has several (top, left, and right) positions with dual slots. These are where you slide the Digi II. The horizontal rectangular holes are areas where you are supposed to customize by bending to make this plate into a stand, mount, or hanger of your choosing. The hole on the very bottom of that plate is where you would mount it to the magnetic adapter accessory, or possibly to the single slot of the fan tab.

You can though slide one of the nibs on the back of the Digi II into the single slot of the fan tab and it will stay. Frankly I don't like to leave the Digi II there.

Thanks Ray, I now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I guess you don't need to mount the display unit to the blower assembly at all. I can take the long bracket and bend it into a stand and run the cord to it from the blower assembly. There's just too many moving parts for me. LOL
icon_biggrin.gif

No problem Ed. I actually don't use the bracket at all yet. There's a table next to the WSM I just set it on there. Still figuring out where or how I want to place the universal bracket. Right now sitting on the table is perfect. Use that bag of plastic re-usable twists to keep the wires under control.

Ray...thanks for the great explaination.
Ed...good luck with your DigiQ.

I cooked all day Tuesday with my Tall Boy and DigiQ...two butts, two loins, beef ribs, stuffed peppers and two fatties. I'm set for a few days!

Steve - Caldera Tallboy, nice! Sounds like you are doing OK with it. I was impressed when I looked them over. The accessory magnetic mount for the Digi II was actually/originally made for using with the Caldera's. It has a stud with a similar brass thumbscrew as used on those smokers. The stud goes through that single hole on the universal mount. Or used with the Caldera CDV mounts. Works on the WSM. Just didn't like everything (probes and wiring draping down the side of the WSM during a cook.

I really like the concept of the Caldera's when I looked them over in their showroom.

I've yet to locate anything magnetic that supposedly came with my DigiQ II. Nor have I been able to find a picture of how it even looks.

Back