The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSM Owners: Check-Out The Virtual Weber Bullet website

Lightbulb

If you've found your way to this forum via a search engine like Google or Bing, I would like to direct your attention a tremendous resource for Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker owners: The Virtual Weber Bullet.

I started The Virtual Weber Bullet in 1998 and it's your best source for everything you'd ever want to know about the WSM, including recipes and cooking examples, operating tips, modifications, and more.

I hope you'll visit the site often, and that you'll tell all your friends to visit, too!

Here are just a few of the most popular articles that a new WSM owner should check-out:

Regards,
    Chris

TVWBB Honor Circle
    Chris, just an FYI that Weber has changed the instructions in the owner's manual for lighting the bullet, at least as early as a couple of years ago.

My '09 manual recommends firestarter cubes for lighting and no less than 150 briquettes in the ring for anything other than seafood. The user is directed to start the cook as soon as the <span class="ev_code_RED">top</span> briquettes are ashed over and this method is very similar to the Minion method, whether using the torch or starter cubes. It took a while, but looks like the Weber folks finally took the "set it and forget it" benefits of their own product into account!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    22.5" WSM, 18.5" wsm, Performer, 26.75" OTG, 22.5" OTG, SJ

Hi Dave,

Yes, I'm aware of this. When I visited Weber in 2008, we had some discussions about their revised lighting instructions in the owner's manual. It is sort of a take on the Minion Method.

Regards,
    Chris

TVWBB Emerald Member Rolf Jacobsen's Avatar
    Bump! More folks should pay attention to this.

Priceless info here, thanks!

TVWBB Member
    Just made the beer can chicken form this site. Very good! tons of useful info, especially for a newbie

New Member Dave from Chandler, AZ's Avatar
    I'm a newbie here. Just bought a WSM 22.5" smoker. This seems like a dumb question, but I keep seeing instructions to "assemble the cooker" after the charcoal is laid and lit. Does that mean the cooker has to be disassembled (the center section removed) down to the fire ring and then reassembled (center section) before putting the meat on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave from Chandler, AZ View Post
    I'm a newbie here. Just bought a WSM 22.5" smoker. This seems like a dumb question, but I keep seeing instructions to "assemble the cooker" after the charcoal is laid and lit. Does that mean the cooker has to be disassembled (the center section removed) down to the fire ring and then reassembled (center section) before putting the meat on?
    Yes, removing the center section to fill thecharcoal ring is standard method of getting started.

Hey Dave. I'm a newbie also. I've had my 18.5 almost a month. I've learned a lot on this site and there are a lot of very good folks here that gladly offer help, advice, and support. Welcome to the addiction and the site.
    Food is the ultimate passion. It's neccesity and indulgence all in one

New Member Dave from Chandler, AZ's Avatar
    Thanks, Charlie. I kinda figured that was what was meant by "assembling" but I wasn't sure and I do appreciate your indulgence in answering what was a pretty basic (if not entirely stupid) question. Thanks to this forum, I'm about to get the courage to fire up what some of my non-cooking friends refer to as R2D2! Planning to smoke some baby-backs on Sunday. Thanks again Charlie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast