Internet or local dealer

Bob Evans

Hi, to everyone.
I just joined this site and it looks like there's a wealth of information here.
I already decided to purchase a EP310 NG and all the local dealers here in the puget sound area, seem to want 769.00 plus tax for this model.
On the other hand, off of the net I can purchase the same grill for 713.00 delivered.
It kinda seems like a no brainer, but I was wondering if other people had purchased off of the net, and what were your experiences.
I,m kind of leery about having something shipped from the east coast, as I have had a few bad experiences with freight being damaged.
The site that has the 713.00 price is Rainbow Appliance. Has anyone bought from them?

Thanks, Bob Evans

Bob, Welcome to the forum. Check this out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redir...1789&creative=390957

If you buy from Amazon and access the site from TVWBB Chris gets some hard earned bucks. You pay a reasonable price and I trust Amazon completely. Have made many purchases over the years and with only 1 mishap which they fixed promptly.
Glad you came by hope you much success.

Mark

Thanks, Mark that is a good deal, but I was kind of wanting this years model.
Is last years model better, the same,
or worse?
I know it puts out more BTUs, but it would be nice to have the extra room on the shelves for plates and condiments.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob and welcome. If you haven't already called the Weber customer service people to ask about the difference between last year and this years model, you should. I've always had great luck speaking to them. Truthfully, the savings of over $100 would help me decide. While I like to make my purchases locally, If there's a huge difference in price as there is here....well.
Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Thanks, for all of the advice.
I just went ahead and ordered the EP310 NG from Rainbow Appliance for 713.00 delivered, and I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it makes it across the country unharmed.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob. I had a EP330 lined up for 741.00. Im in Howell so the Lakewood NJ store was only 5 min away. I was to meet the owner there today to pay for the grill(the grill was not stocked at that store). anywho- I drove by looked and kept on going. the store was not Marked and was a broken down shack. my fear was for that price i was going to get the 2010 model or whatever. anyhow i gave up on a sear burner and went to Ace.

Now all this means nothing as everything could go great for you. im just posting this as a heads up for you.

good luck- you will love the grill.

Well the e-mail receipt they sent me had the correct parts number, and the correct description.
So when it gets here, and if the wrong item shows up, then I'll have something to go back on.

Thanks, Bob

I know you've already ordered, but I would have voted for you to buy from your local hardware store. I work at an Ace and we can more than make up for the $40-50 in price difference.
Free assembly, free delivery, haul away old grill... Also I usually throw in a free propane refill and offer a good discount on the cover or any other accessories.
Plus if you buy local you can get to know the people at the store and have them order you parts you normally can't get through Weber for any other grills you may own.

I thought about going with the local Ace Hardware, but I stood around the Weber grills for about 15 or 20 minutes contemplating different models, and they were to busy to come over and sell me one, so I left.
The actual difference was 124.00 dollars, with the free shipping and no sales tax.
My old grill is a Stainless Jenn Aire, that I think I will try to sell, rather than have hauled off.
Why the new grill, we're switching to NG instead of LP and didn't want to convert the old grill.
I think the cover from the old grill will fit the new one.

Originally posted by Bob Evans:
I thought about going with the local Ace Hardware, but I stood around the Weber grills for about 15 or 20 minutes contemplating different models, and they were to busy to come over and sell me one, so I left.
The actual difference was 124.00 dollars, with the free shipping and no sales tax.
My old grill is a Stainless Jenn Aire, that I think I will try to sell, rather than have hauled off.
Why the new grill, we're switching to NG instead of LP and didn't want to convert the old grill.
I think the cover from the old grill will fit the new one.

Well shame on that Ace for not giving you the customer service they should have!
We keep the Weber grills in the front corner of the store so the cashier can keep an eye out and if a customer is looking at them and we always have someone up there to help with them. We don't get paid on commission, but we love selling the grills (we also carry the Primo Smokers).
Glad you upgraded from that Jenn Aire, our dumpster has seen many of those!

Well, it finally arrived about 6:30 last night, and we had company so I couldn't put it together.

I just spent the last 2 hrs getting it all put together and shined up.
It's supposed to be 75* for the next 2 days, but my wife got tickets to Antique Roadshow for the weekend down in Eugene Oregon, about a 350 drive one way. So it looks like grilling will have to wait until next week.

No damage to it, and it's the right model. So I think it was worth the 125.00 savings.

Back