Offset cooker vs. WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

I have been using a Brinkman Smokin pit pro for about 4 years. I just moved to S. Carolina, and sold it to a friend before I left. Now I need a new smoker, and I am not sure if I should get another offset like it, or try a Weber Bullet.
Anyone care to comment?

Thanks

Goggy

Hi Goggy,
I, like most most people here, am a true blue Weber Smokey Mountaneer! My first competitions I would cook the four meats on one bullet. It really depends on how much food you want to cook. They are talking about 14 racks of ribs on another page. Six butts will fit.
The main seller for me is the ease of use and the temperature consistancy. For this they are incredible. Seems they win just as much in competitions too.
I should start selling for 'em huh?
Dave
As a matter of fact I'm gonna go buy another, right now! Thanks Goggy!

If your going to buy an offset a low end pits is not the way to go. It takes entirly too much fire tending on thin metal offsets. You want at least 1/4" thick steel on an offset, the problem is the price.
A WSM will get you as much usable grate space as a small offset without the problems of fire control.
I have an offset, 3 WSMs, a pellet cooker, a kettle, and 5 ceramic pits, I'm only reason I'm telling you this to show that I use a number of different style pits and for the $s spent, it's real hard to beat a WSM.
Jim

Goggy I just recently got A WSM. Beleive me once you have used one you will probably rarely use an offset again.

Easy to care for if you need ideas to modify it just punch on this site. I used to smoke on a Weber22in.but it stills sees some use but not as much as the WSM.

Try it you'll like it /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the input! I think the WSM is what I will get. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the forum.

Asking us if the bullet is a good investment is kind of like asking a barber if he thinks you need a haircut. In spite of my admitted bias, I’d still recommend one as an alternative to any lower-end offset.

For what it will cost to buy a decent, well-built offset that’s not going to require constant babysitting to hold its temperature, you can buy two WSMs, a slew of toys to go with it, and enough meat to keep you busy churning out great Q for a good long while.

Take the plunge. You won’t be disappointed.

Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Nelson:
[qb]Asking us if the bullet is a good investment is kind of like asking a barber if he thinks you need a haircut.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So true! Also, even if you already own a WSM, you can always use another one, right? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back