Mustard sauce

This is what I use...got the basic recipe here and tweaked to my taste. IT IS GOOD!!!!! I'm having it over leftover chopped pork loin sandwiches tonight.

3/4 C Yellow Mustard
3/4 C Cider Vinegar
1 TBS Light brown Sugar
1 1/2 T unsalted butter
2 t salt
2 t Worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
2 t Louisiana-style hot sauce, or more to taste

Combine all ingredients in saucepan, stirring to blend, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.

Originally posted by J Martin:
This is what I use...got the basic recipe here and tweaked to my taste. IT IS GOOD!!!!! I'm having it over leftover chopped pork loin sandwiches tonight.

3/4 Cup Yellow Mustard
3/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 TBS Light brown Sugar
1 1/2 TBS unsalted butter
2 tsp salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp Louisiana-style hot sauce, or more to taste

Combine all ingredients in saucepan, whisk to blend, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Cool and put in a glass bottle for storage in the refer.

Edited to clarify measurements and whisk to combine.

I tried it as is and it was very good. Tried another batch and tweaked it a little myself. I am kinda partial to the Georgia mustard sauce at Famous Dave's, it's great on the fries. This reminds me somewhat of their sauce, but a little thicker. Thank you so much for the great recipe. I'm going to smoke some butt's and a top sirloin over the weekend and this sauce will be a big hit.

Awesome glad you liked it.....here's how I had it tonight.

bbqsauce007-2.jpg

Geez, I'd never heard of mustard sauce before. Made up a batch and chopped up some rib offcuts for a sandwich - excellent. Thanks !!

Originally posted by John Bridgman:
Geez, I'd never heard of mustard sauce before. Made up a batch and chopped up some rib offcuts for a sandwich - excellent. Thanks !!

C'mon...you really thought all BBQ sauce was red and sweet??? BTW...this mustard sauce also ROCKS on chicken!!!!

So... I had leftover mustard sauce. What to do ?

Well duh, use it on pizza. Spoonful of mustard sauce instead of tomato-based, a few lumps of mozzarella, torn up bits of smoked chicken breast from the kettle, and some chopped-up Cubanelle pepper.

Delicious. I think I'll use mustard sauce for pizza from now on !

EDIT - and yes, I guess I did think all BBQ sauce was red and sweet
icon_wink.gif

Here's one we like. I like it without the sugars and lots of family like the original, up to you.

Mustard Sauce

1 cup mustard
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar, light
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce, dark
2 tablespoons butter

Combine all ingredients except soy sauce and butter. Add the vinegar last. Add to your desired thickness.

Simmer for 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and add butter and soy sauce.

Its like a honey mustard sauce, sweet. If you omit sugars, it will not be sweet, but very spicy.

Kevin,

I made up a batch of Kevin K's "Kinda Carolina" sauce yesterday ( here ....seems to be an awesome mustard based sauce !

Dean...

I can't take credit for this, but I used this on my last pulled pork and everyone absolutely loved it.

You can thank Roxy (i took this off thesmokering.com)

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Yellow mustard
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic pureed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Puree the sauce if you want.

Most definitely gonna try the Roxy sauce with my next butts. I'm you better believe I'll be using Weber's mustard with it. Give this stuff a try, you won't be disappointed!

Back