need lump charcoal supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

les

TVWBB Fan
i live in a suburb of pittsburgh pa. i can't find anything but kingsford briquets ANYWHERE around here. does anyone on the board that lives around me know of a place that sells something different? i'd love to get some royal oak lump... i can't even find a home webpage for them so i can ask where in my area to get some.

any help would be appreciated. otherwise i'll have to find someplace to mail order... and i'm usually not that organized to buy in bulk :-(

Try Home Depot or True Value Hardware Stores. Both of these stores here in Lancaster Pa carry it year round.

I was in Johnstown, PA this past friday and Alex Froelich's meat market, at 77 D street, sells Humphtey's lump charcoal which I think is from your neck of the woods(the zip on the bag is 15??? so that puts it in western pennsylvania I assume). Call them first as their hour vary. Oh, they have some of the best polish sausage around as well. I stocked up big time with coolers in my trunk for the trip back to York. Humphrey's may even have a website too with locations as to where it is stocked.

i found a few boxes of charbroil lump at the home depot 20 miles from me. never used charbroil, i'm sure it's somebody elses, but i bought a few boxes and i give it a try

ya know greg, everytime i've used kingsford at low temps we all seem to taste an aftertaste of charcoal. i use lump and it's gone. go back to kingsford and it's there. i had heard that kingsford was having some of their charcoal made overseas and maybe thats the culprit, but whatever it is... it don't taste good.

i'm certainly open to being called a kook on this, but i tried three times and got the same results each time i used the kingsford. i use a WSM with a BBQ Guru. i wonder if it's from smokin at temps in the 210 area. i know a lot of folks use kingsford and have good results without these complaints, and i'm open for instruction if i'm doin something else thats screwin up the soup, or should we say the butt...

Les, the true-value store i go to carries the Royal Oak Lump, do you have a store near you? Ace might have some to.Going to Wal-Mart tomarrow to get a packer brisket for the #2 Rub Will check there.Later Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back