Best Question

Russell Y

TVWBB All-Star
You have answered many questions about BBQ over the years. Which question is one that you will never forget?

Russell,

I had to think about that for a while. I remembered a lot of good and interesting questions, but then I remember something my son asked me last weekend after I served some Dijon and Garlic Rib Eyes Smoked with a Little Thyme. The recipe is in the new book on smoke. He asked, "Dad, will you make this for me and my friends on my birthday?" I nearly burst into tears. The fact that he liked the steak so much was pretty gratifying. I doubt that was the question you were looking for, Russell, but I'll never forget it.

Thanks,
Jamie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Purviance:
Russell,

I had to think about that for a while. I remembered a lot of good and interesting questions, but then I remember something my son asked me last weekend after I served some Dijon and Garlic Rib Eyes Smoked with a Little Thyme. The recipe is in the new book on smoke. He asked, "Dad, will you make this for me and my friends on my birthday?" I nearly burst into tears. The fact that he liked the steak so much was pretty gratifying. I doubt that was the question you were looking for, Russell, but I'll never forget it.

Thanks,
Jamie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, page 60. We received your book two weeks ago and that was the first recipe we tried. Flippin' awesome! Simple too. Thanks!

Back