America's Independence Day 2012 in Raymond Wisconsin.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
<span class="ev_code_RED">Hello friends! Happy ID2012!</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Today we started with two racks of pig spare ribs</span>
DSCN0784.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">One rack seasoned with Galena Street...</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">the other with Blues Hog rub.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Both racks with a base of BBQ3000</span>
DSCN0785.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">then we left to attend the Raymond Town 4th Of July Parade.</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">This little cutie ? is my nephew's sweetie daughter, Ella. She's part of the Raymond Rockettes!</span>
DSCN0786.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Here's a few more photos of the participants in the parade...</span>
DSCN0787.JPG

DSCN0788.JPG

DSCN0792.JPG

DSCN0793.JPG

DSCN0796.JPG

DSCN0797.JPG

DSCN0799.JPG
DSCN0800.JPG

DSCN0801.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">Daniel, here's ELVIS!</span>
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0802.JPG

DSCN0806.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">even the Milwaukee Brewer Sausages made it out today in the heat...</span>
DSCN0808.JPG

DSCN0809.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">OKay, after the fiasco, we made it home and fired up the WSM.</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Loaded it with the ribs. Apple wood for smoke, cooked at 225 - 275ºF for just over 4 and a half hours.</span>
DSCN0813.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">...and it's getting</span> <span class="ev_code_RED">HOTTER!!</span>
DSCN0818.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Bought some "new to me" sauce...</span>
DSCN0819.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">we'll try that sauce on one rack, leave the other alone.</span>
DSCN0821.JPG

DSCN0824.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">a little later, the pig was removed and sliced to eet.</span>
DSCN0825.JPG

DSCN0826.JPG

DSCN0827.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">and finally, served with a smoked gouda basil tomato pasta salad...</span>
DSCN0832.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">a little sauce on the side...</span>
DSCN0833.JPG

DSCN0834.JPG

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thank you all for viewing! All your comments a greatly appreciated</span>
icon_smile.gif

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Mister and Missus America, I hope your Independence Day was a very memorable one!</span>
Spirit_of_%2776.jpg

Great parade and rib pictures Jim!!! Again. Way way to hot for me!!!what's in the pasta salad? Looks tasty!!!

Thanks Jim! I thought maybe some Mayo or oil binder but maybe I'm seeing melted cheese! Looks good! Thanks again!

hell yeah, there's mayo in there... i thought you were only after the MAIN ingredients.
icon_rolleyes.gif

sorry dude! must be my gin.
icon_razz.gif

also included is chipotle peppers minced very finely and teaspoons of it's adobo sauce.

Looks great Jim! Looks like you had a blast @ the ELVIS consert
icon_wink.gif

Ella is Sugar!

Ribs look outofthisworld!!! And pared with that pasta...HEAVEN!

Now take the morning off...And sober up!
icon_cool.gif

Jim it looks like it was a perfect day. The photos of the parade are much appreciated. As far as the food, hell, it's your usual outstanding cook.

Thanks

Great looking ribs Jim. Thanks for sharing the pics of the parade. Looks like it was a great day!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the slice of Americana Jim. Your spares looks amazing per usual.
Ella is a sweetie. My grandma was an Ella...
Cheers.

Thanks everyone
icon_smile.gif

Chris, the sauce is good, i'll try it on chicken next...
Joe, i think the Chorizo DID win.

Great posting...I love the small town parades..a great time for the locals to bring out their tractors and drive them thru town. Looks like we are cooling down today 98 which means another 100 plus day.

Great lookin ribs and great post. I missed our parade, but now I feel I made it. The guys in the sausage suits must have been about to keel over in that heat.

Jim, everything looked great. I bet that pasta salad tasted refreshing with the heat. Way too **** hot out to go to any parade...thats for sure. You are a brave soul.

Jim, thanks for braving the heat to go to the parade for us! I hope you had some cold ones for those poor people in the Klement's Sausage outfits.

Great looking cook as usual.

Are you ready for the 106-108 deg today? I am not.
icon_redface.gif

Back