Birthday dinner, at last

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We usually have fish a couple times a month. My wife's birthday came around and she reminded me we still had a couple pieces of a wonderful halibut fillet in the freezer. I took the hint. Here's some pictures.

Decided to cook it pan seared this time.

enhance

enhance

Moved it to some cooler real estate until the meat flaked nicely.

enhance

Took care of the sides.

enhance

enhance

Plate time.

enhance

enhance

We had a nice belated birthday for my wife. She's starting to feel better now too. Thanks for looking everyone.

Awesome dinner and glad everyone is feeling better. Happy belated birthday to your wife.

That looks like a perfect birthday meal. Those simple dinners (protein, asparagus, potato, all grilled) are our favorite dinners. I really enjoy your photo threads, Cliff. I'm curious how many different grills do you use when you prepare these delicious dinners?

Thank you for the nice comments everyone.

Halibut looks great!!!! Very tasty meal there!!!!

Thanks Michael. I know you cook a lot of fish and have admired your cooks as well.

I'm curious how many different grills do you use when you prepare these delicious dinners?

J....I enjoy doing the sides for my cooks so I usually fire up a couple of grills, occasionally the JJ too. It’s just easier. also if something needs 10 minutes of direct heat I don’t like to pull the lid off an indirect cook.

Back