Grilled Pork Chops

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
M.Symon-I know I have posted more chicken recipes than any other, but pork is my favorite meat. This is going in the "make soon" folder for sure. I find that when I post a recipe here that I would like DH to make, he seems to get around to making them sooner. lol

Grilled Pork Chops

1 TB. kosher salt
1 TB. coriander seeds, cracked
1 TB. ground chipotle chile powder
1/2 TB. ground cumin
1/2 TB. smoked paprika
3/4 tsp. mustard powder
6 10 to 12oz. double-cut pork chops
3 TB. TB. olive oil

1. Prepare and preheat your lump charcoal grill to create two heat zones: high and low.
2. In a small bowl, combine the salt, and next five ingredients. Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with the spice mixture. Rub the exterior of the seasoned chops with the olive oil.
3. Sear the chops over the hot side of the grill until the exterior forms a nice crust, about 4 minutes per side. Move the pork to the low side of the grill, cover the grill and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes and then serve.

Source: Food Network mag. May 2018 - Michael Symon's Playing with Fire

Last edited:
Well, it took 2 months for us to get around to making this recipe. DH did a great job of grilling it. And, it was very tasty.

Hi, Joan! Glad you tried this out, and enjoyed it. It is very close to my usual seasoning that I put on pork chops that I'm grilling.....Michael Symon must have stolen it from me! :)

Thanks for sharing!

R

Jon, you don't know how happy it makes me that you tried a recipe that I posted. I am so glad you enjoyed them, and they look so good. Thank you sooo much.

Back