terrace decorating

GwenR

Hi everyone!
2 months ago I joined our Weber brotherhood and bought WSM. I use it on my covered terrace and I'm wondering how magic this place will be if I install a ceiling fan there. What do you think about ceiling fans? I also saw some combined models which look like chandelier. thanks in advance

There are 2 types of exterior ceiling fans, damp rated and wet rated.
Damp rated are for covered (waterproof roofed ) patios, porches, sunrooms with no direct contact with moisture.
Wet rated are more suited for gazebos, trellis, porches with direct contact to rain, snow.

Ceiling height determines if you buy a Standard, or Low profile fan.
Code (NEC) requires 7' minimum to the bottom of the blades.
HTH.

Tim

We have a wet rated one on our pergola.
We've been known to forget and leave it on at night, only to have to turn it off in a rain shower the next day.

Tim,
thanks for sharing. I have a 2.8 high ceiling if I'm not mistaken. As for types of ceiling fans, could you tell me which type is this model? Is it good for my ceiling?

It's damp rated, so as long as your ceiling has a waterproof roof over your good.
2.8 I assume is meters? If so that's a little over 9' and that fan has a tri-mount for installation. Closemount (Low Profile), Downrod (Standard), or Angled.

Tim

Back