Anyone know when/if Crate and Barrel discounts their Weber Grills

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
I've always thought the colors offered on the Crate and Barrel line of Weber Performers were amazing. I'm not sure how often they change up the colors, but this year it is Slate Blue, which looks great.
https://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-slate-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s515068

I was admiring a FB Marketplace grill that is the Grey Crate and Barrel grill from, I think, 2006. I found an old post from this board that showed an archive view of the Crate and Barrel website from way back on Nov 6, 2006. Anyways, it looks like at that time they had the Performer discounted to $229 on a regular price of $369. That's just under a 40% discount which is a heck of a deal.

http://web.archive.org/web/20061106102457/http://www.crateandbarrel.com:80/family.aspx?c=500&f=12139

That got me thinking, do they discount their grills each year at a certain time? In November possibly?

I can't speak for Crate and Barrel really, but in most cases when stores do close outs it means that 1.) the item you are looking at is getting refreshed/replaced or 2.) they are not looking to keep the item in store anymore. Weber really does not like to discount their merchandise and almost all of the coupons you find exclude them. However, if you look sometimes you can find promotions where they do not exclude Weber. For instance I got lucky and found a 20% off up to $50 off on Amazon if I use my Amex. I could have used this to buy a 26er if I wanted to, but used it for something else this time.

You can try to hold out and MAYBE you will get lucky. However, if you love the color you might be kicking yourself if they discontinue it. If they do a close out then it will probably be November or later. It can be fierce competition with close outs these days though. There are a lot of people that run through stores daily just to buy for resale and more than a few opportunistic employees willing to make the grab. The best deals I have found have been ones where the employees hadn't marked the item yet. Had they known they surely would have been hidden in the back or had friend come make pick up.

I would go look at the color in person and decide if you love it or not. Then if you love it find a promotion you can exploit to save a few bucks.

I can't speak for Crate and Barrel really, but in most cases when stores do close outs it means that 1.) the item you are looking at is getting refreshed/replaced or 2.) they are not looking to keep the item in store anymore. Weber really does not like to discount their merchandise and almost all of the coupons you find exclude them. However, if you look sometimes you can find promotions where they do not exclude Weber. For instance I got lucky and found a 20% off up to $50 off on Amazon if I use my Amex. I could have used this to buy a 26er if I wanted to, but used it for something else this time.

You can try to hold out and MAYBE you will get lucky. However, if you love the color you might be kicking yourself if they discontinue it. If they do a close out then it will probably be November or later. It can be fierce competition with close outs these days though. There are a lot of people that run through stores daily just to buy for resale and more than a few opportunistic employees willing to make the grab. The best deals I have found have been ones where the employees hadn't marked the item yet. Had they known they surely would have been hidden in the back or had friend come make pick up.

I would go look at the color in person and decide if you love it or not. Then if you love it find a promotion you can exploit to save a few bucks.

Thanks Bill. I know the big box stores like Home Depot and Lowe's will clearance Weber's out on occasion. I know a buddy of mine was able to get a brand new performer in box at Home Depot for $88. Blew my mind he was able to get that kind of price on a new one.
I'll keep an eye out for the Amex offers, didn't even think of that as a way to get a discount.

Thanks Bill. I know the big box stores like Home Depot and Lowe's will clearance Weber's out on occasion. I know a buddy of mine was able to get a brand new performer in box at Home Depot for $88. Blew my mind he was able to get that kind of price on a new one.
I'll keep an eye out for the Amex offers, didn't even think of that as a way to get a discount.

You might see these kind of offers when stores discontinue certain models. HD never carried the large Performer grills in my area. But I read about that $88 deal when some HD stores discontinued the sale of these. I got a 18.5" WSM for $99 last year. Now the HD stores in my area no longer carry the Weber smokers.
I personally have never heard of sales at Crate and Barrel. But that does not mean they don't exist. Maybe if they change the model. They always had non standard colors on their Performers. Green, dark blue and now slate. I have a light green Crate and Barrel performer myself which I bought used. But these are a rare find used. If you really want that slate color you might need to buy a new one. The other option: Try find a used cheap black Performer and buy a new Slate Master touch and swap the bowls. People have done this. There is a company which makes the brackets to mount any 22" bowl into a Performer frame. But you may not save that much and you need to drill holes in the bowl.

Kyle, I actually got one of the non gas assist black performers at Home Depot for $88 last winter. Two of them actually as one was picked up for a work friend.

It sounds like you might have AMEX so I will let you give this a try. Sometimes these Amazon offers for Chase, Discover, and Amex work and sometimes they don't. I have had pretty good luck with them.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13803299-a...20-off-max-discount-of-50?page=28#commentsBox

If you wanted to go blue and do a drop in to another cart maybe you could use that coupon (if it works) and pick up the new Ocean Blue at Amazon. After all $175 plus tax on a color MT isn't bad at all...

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07ZL9F4J8/tvwb-20

Back