Canadian Bacon & Tri Tip

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I posted a recent pork loin cook and I had a 2LBS section without a home. So I cured it for one week and smoked it today. Tomorrow I'm going to make Eggs Benedict, it sure was hard not cutting into the Canadian Bacon, but I'm told it needs to rest a minimum of 10 hours after smoking it

After 7 days of curing, and 1 day of rest uncovered in the fridge

fxM5qQr.jpg

To the smoker she goes

LGdm07n.jpg

She hit 150 internal in 2 hours at 250

QUI45cp.jpg

It was so hard not to cut in it

YxXNin5.jpg

Because the loin cooked in a mere two hours, I had ton of charcoal left in the smoker, so I threw the TT on, direct over the coals. After 20 minutes it was done

mSn2w60.jpg

Maybe a tad more done than I would have liked, but it came out great. The best part, only $2.98 a pound at our local Winco

yk7Yu4D.jpg

Very tasty

ICPK5q7.jpg

This is Darth Vader, he's coming up on three years old. He likes to hang with dad, and he like BBQ meat

hyTkpPa.jpg

Couple of nice cooks there Chuck. Haven't had a TT in a long time, haven't seen any for sale either. We have a cuddle creature too, a 60 pound 2 year old black lab that likes to sit on my lap and watch TV.

Oh man that looks great. Come back with the eggs Benedict, was just thinking yesterday I should do that for breakfast some lazy weekend soon.

Great looking smokes!

Have you ever made microwave hollandaise sauce? I was skeptical, but it turns out really great.

2 egg yolks
1/4 lemon juiced (or more to taste)
1/4 cup salted butter (melted)
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch cayenne
1 pinch nutmeg (optional)

In a microwave safe dish beat egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper, nutmeg together in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture while whisking to incorporate.

Heat in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds; whisk.

Note: If sauce separates after microwaving, add a splash of water and whisk until combined.

Great looking cooks, Chuck! I'm cooking tri tip for our Super Bowl party. Yours looks mighty tasty!

Back