Back in the Saddle Chicken

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Finally feeling like cooking again. My wife's about a week behind me but we're both feeling much better and have good appetites. Went with some chicken, couple of reds and some zucchini sticks. Here's a few pic's.

enhance

On the 18" WSM.

enhance

Zucchini sticks or sometimes called zucchini fries.

enhance

Chicken about done.

enhance

Glazed with a little Bootleg bourbon infused bbq sauce.

enhance

Zucchini done. About 30 minutes.

enhance

Ready to eat.

enhance

enhance

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better, Cliff. Your chicken and sides looks fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Looks delectable as always Cliff! Have you and your wife been sick?

Cough and cold from hell. Mine lasted two weeks and my wife is in week 2. Worst either of us has ever had. We were both extremely fatigued but never had a fever. We've both had flu and pneumonia shots. Anyway, it's behind us now.

Top notch cook, as always, chef Cliff!
Glad you're both better, lots of nasty stuff going around this winter, I've had two episodes already.
Wish I had a dollar for every time I've coughed since Thanksgiving.

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've coughed since Thanksgiving.

Yeah, me too. I watched a lot of TV to pass the time. I don't know if you get the MLB Channel or not but I wanted to mention they're running a documentary called Birds of a Different Game on Tuesday 8ET/7CT. It's about the 80's St. Louis Cardinals. FYI if you have the channel.

Yes, we get the MLB channel, and I have a reminder set on my phone.
Man I loved Whitey Ball, so much more exciting than pounding home runs.
Somewhere in my film slides I have a photo I shot at a game we went to, with Whitey and Lasorda meeting before game start. I'm not sure which one had the larger stomach. :)
Tommy loved eating on The Hill here, it's an Italian neighborhood with many great restaurants.

Understand that feeling Cliff, Barb is in front of the public every time she goes to work as a cashier at Safeway. We both have had our flue shots but not the pneumonia shots. Barb has had a cough for two weeks now but doesn't feel bad. Half the cashiers have called in sick so Barb against my advice is working 12 hours today and eight tomorrow, not what I would call part time.
That was a perfect low level cook for a couple under the weather. Glad to hear you are getting belter and hope the wife fells better soon.

Man I loved Whitey Ball, so much more exciting than pounding home runs.
Somewhere in my film slides I have a photo I shot at a game we went to, with Whitey and Lasorda meeting before game start.

Agreed Bob, those were the days. Growing up in the Bay Area, I used to attend frequent games at Candlestick. Got to see a lot of the Giant greats, the Willies (actually there were three for a while, Willie Kirkland also), Juan and Gaylord and all the rest. My Mom used to love Jimmy Davenport. Got to see some of the greats from visiting teams. Saw the Cards at least once and Bob Gibson. I've been to see only one game since vacating Candlestick. They can say what you will about that old park, I loved it. Didn't care about the wind, the cold or the fog. It was all part of the experience. My son treated us to a game at Pacific Bell Park several years ago. It's changed names a few times since then, pimping their park out for the all mighty buck like so many of the rest. Don't go any more. Too far and too ridiculously priced. I enjoy just about every game on my HD Sony Bravia. Another week and the Super Bowl. Then look out, Spring Training.

Back