Spirit ii - is it being replaced?

RyanS_MN

TVWBB Fan
I know last year they had a lot of cool colors but this year all i'm finding is black, which to me seems like it might be getting discontinued. i was hoping to snag one in blue but wanted to see if my thoughts seem right or if it's just a little too early for them to be in stock.

My guess is that the Spirit line was competing to heavily with the Genesis line. Giving the color options to the lower level line just never seemed like a good idea to me at the time. I think maybe a lot of "WEBER" buyers said "I like the red and I will save $300 to boot and still get my Weber". Genesis is their flagship line and likely a much higher profit margin. They don't need to be competing against themselves. There is enough of that from all the other grill companies.

I think Bruce is spot on. Might make the existing red, blue and ivory ones hold their value better.

I remember Chris posting something a while back about some color changes,
do not recall the exact info, but I thought they discontinued some colors.

I remember Chris posting something a while back about some color changes,
do not recall the exact info, but I thought they discontinued some colors.

ah yes i found the article. What a bummer. The want of a new grill was just that, a want until late this fall when our current one started degrading.

My guess is that the Spirit line was competing to heavily with the Genesis line. Giving the color options to the lower level line just never seemed like a good idea to me at the time. I think maybe a lot of "WEBER" buyers said "I like the red and I will save $300 to boot and still get my Weber". Genesis is their flagship line and likely a much higher profit margin. They don't need to be competing against themselves. There is enough of that from all the other grill companies.

You are probably right Bruce. But on their Website the 2-burner Spirit II models are still available in white and blue. 3 burner only in black.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/spirit-series-1/
And on top of that Weber is bringing back the Spirit I series to the US market which are also priced higher than the Spirit II series. Which by the way only has 2 years warranty on the cabinet compared to 10 years for the Spirit II. Not sure I understand their marketing strategy.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/spirit-series/46802101.html?cgid=107390#start=1

Stefan, yah, I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the board meetings that came up with that strategy.

Back