New Kingsford Bag Weights & Suggested Number of Uses

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Seen at Walmart: New (at least new to me) Kingsford packaging and bag weights that suggest number of uses per bag for grilling at 4 lbs per use. 8 lb bag = "About 2 uses", 2x18 lb twin-pack = "About 9 uses".

h0F93cC.jpg

Ab0lmHF.jpg

nK7MhBw.jpg

Sort of like serving size on food products. What might be confusing to some is the eight pound bag says 2 uses and the 18 pound bag says 9 uses on both bags in the twin pack, I think 9 uses is for the twin pack not each bag.

What might be confusing to some is the eight pound bag says 2 uses and the 18 pound bag says 9 uses on both bags in the twin pack, I think 9 uses is for the twin pack not each bag.
Good catch Rich.
Maybe they want folks to think there's 18 uses in the twin pack.

Last edited:
Just picked up 4 bags of Kingsford at our local Ace Hardware. I ordered online and they loaded them out front. UW Provisions in Madison, Wisc., has frozen pork butts in 2-packs for $1.09 / lb. I plan to supply pulled pork to some of my neighbors. My WSM is set up under the canopy ready to go. Now I need to find my TVWBB flag.

Your mileage may vary............................Especially if you are doing on overnighter in your WSM.

Back