Baked Nachos

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Well its been all cast iron cooking this week. Cold snowy, black ice, yucky weather.

Set up DO for 350°

This dish can be modified to your liking. The only definitive items you will need are tortilla chips and cheese.

In this batch I used fresh chopped jalapeno, diced tomato, sliced olives, diced onion, preheated re-fried beans, black beans & Tillamook colby jack cheese. You can add precooked meats, chili, different peppers different cheeses, smoked cheese etc.

You can also bake these in a cast iron pan in the oven or smoker. Again 350°

Start of by covering the bottom of the DO/pan with tortilla chips. Next add about a 1/3 of your toppings, then 1/3 of your cheese. Next add a another layer of chips add toppings, repeat once more. If doing this in the DO do this prior to heating it up. If in a conventional oven cook for 15-20 minutes.

Ready to bake

49384664198_5386a5cb72_c.jpg

Out of the oven

49385129246_8c67b474b9_c.jpg

49385129326_c758227e86_c.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

Looks really good Case. I make a taco casserole the same way but use sliced tortillas instead of chips.

Looks delicious! I make something similar Sunday afternoons in my little 8" CI skillet, throw it in the toaster over for a bit. I like the addition of the guac.

Back