WiFi not showing up under devices

Darren L

TVWBB Member
Sorry for another WiFi thread. I'm no longer able to connect via WiFi. I've edited the config file, tried the scan and connect, recreated my DDNS in the router etc. I confirmed that I'm in client mode. During all of this I've somehow lost the ability to see the WWAN when I scan for devices. The LAN works fine. My router is also not showing the Lede, but at one point it was. For a while I had the unsupported protocol message, but that was resolved by changing the channel number. Sorry my terminology is off. I'm a networking idiot and writing this from memory. The HM worked great on WiFi for a year, then just stopped. I see that I have unsaved changes, but save and apply doesn't clear them. If nothing else the HM is a great learning experience.

Last edited:
There's so many different config files that interact with each other in LEDE/OpenWrt networking, it is going to be pretty difficult to figure out what's gone wrong. I will say that the LAN and Wifi adapters can't be used at the same time, including if you've given the Ethernet port a fixed IP address even if it isn't plugged in. If you look on the Network -> Interfaces page you should see items FALLBACK, LAN, LAN6, and WWAN. In Network -> Wireless -> Radio0 you should have only WWAN checked in the Network section. Finally, Network -> Interfaces -> WWAN -> Edit should show it as DHCP Client.

If you want to email me (heatermeter@capnbry.net) a configuration backup from System -> Backup / Flash Firmware -> Download backup -> Generate archive, I could possibly try to figure out what's missing. It is probably easier to just do a "Reset to defaults" on that page and then re-do the wifi configuration.

I'll do the reset. I would've tried that before starting this thread but somehow I missed it. Thanks for the fast response.

Reset didn't work. I also tried a new config file with wifi settings. Finally I formatted the SD card and downloaded a new firmware image. Everything is back to normal and wifi now works. Thanks for the help.

Well that certainly is weird. I wonder how it can end up in a state where the reset doesn't reset, but I'm happy to hear re-doing the SD card fixed it.

Back