Peanut Butter and Pickle, WHAT????

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
That's right here's the latest cook. Peanut butter and pickle sticks. We always have powdered peanut butter in the pantry. We put it in milkshakes, on ice cream into smoothies, and we do mix it up for peanut butter and toast. Growing up i liked peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Sense I've been marinating chicken in pickle juice, I thought i'd give peanut butter a try as a seasoning. Kinda thinking along the lines of Thai peanut sauce, so thought it would be fine on chicken. Guess what it is. It was a bit tricky applying the powdered peanut butter. My first attempt did not go super good. The problem being that powdered peanut butter cakes up and becomes peanut butter when you add moisture. My first attempt to roll the legs in the powdered peanut butter ended up with either large amounts stuck to the leg or none, and a wet mess of goo in the dish that I was using. Second attempt I put the powdered peanut butter in a fine strainer and sifted it onto the legs. This worked great. For half the batch I only seasoned with the powdered peanut butter. The other half I seasoned with chipotle, garlic and black pepper. Both batches came out really good. I would have liked more peanut butter flavor so next time I will do a heavier application.

I was going to add photos but Flickr seems to be having an issue right now and I can't access them from my computer. Hmmm, will try and add some later.

Well Flickr is working again. I thought I had snapped a finished photo but all i did was after seasoning.

49378645863_2c2c0e337d_c.jpg"

Last edited:
WhoaNellie!!!
Here’s a thought, dry the pickle juice, roll in peanut butter dust then, coconut milk, finishing with flour, (or a “frying breading”) then, finishing with Vortex KFC method?
Case, just when I get one thing sorted out, you add to my confusion!
Just finished some “pickle thighs” for dinner tonight, should have doubled the thighs!

Last edited:
WhoaNellie!!!
Here’s a thought, dry the pickle juice, roll in peanut butter dust then, coconut milk, finishing with flour, (or a “frying breading”) then, finishing with Vortex KFC method?
Case, just when I get one thing sorted out, you add to my confusion!
Just finished some “pickle thighs” for dinner tonight, should have doubled the thighs!

Keeping everyone on their toes!

Talk about pulling the rabbit out of the hat! That's a flavor profile I never would have come up with, I didn't know that powdered peanut butter even existed. Can't wait to see what's next.

Back