Universal Rotisserie on a Silver B

CLambeth

Has anyone here had any luck or experience using a universal rotisserie on a Silver B? I am looking at the Char-Broil universal rotisserie from Lowe’s and just looking for some feedback before I bite the bullet. Also trying to save a little $$ if possible.

There is an aftermarket one people are getting from Amazon of which I forgot the name. Though the people who have it like it

Welcome to TVWBB!

I would think that the Charbroil would fit fine. Just compare your grill’s measurements. Most likely it is a relatively light duty version with plastic and regular steel. Depending on how you often use it, faithfully clean it, and whether you store it in a dry place will all determine how long it will last. I am not an experienced rotisserie guy, but others here also frequently mention balance issues on some rotisseries when spinning heavier food. That Charbroil may be a good deal or an inadequate annoyance depending on all those variables.

I believe this one on Amazon is the one Larry referred to. More than one size and options for all stainless, which I personally would go for if at all possible. I don’t think it will meet your “save a little” parameter, but it is a heavier duty machine that has garnered a lot of good reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008RS6UOC/tvwb-20

Last edited:
I have had the one Jon linked to for four years and love it. It has a sealed gearbox and metal gears. I did not get one of the thumbscrews tight spinning the Christmas turkey this year (only time this has happened - rushing too much) and the fork came loose and jammed stopping the motor. It sat there at least 20 minutes like that and I figured it was fried. Nope! Tightened it all back up and away it went. Supposedly good for 40 lbs as the motor is 13 watts. My Weber is 9 watts, so check the Char-Broil wattage to get a comparison. The rod on the OneGrill is 3/8 and all one piece compared to the 5/16" two piece rods. IMHO it might cost a few more dollars, but it is worth every penny in the long run.
Hope this helps,
Richard.

Back