Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keurig Coffee Maker For Christmas

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    We've got one. I generally just drink a cup or two a day. There's no chance I'm drinking a pot. I feel somewhat bad that the pods are so wasteful, but it makes a decent cup as far as I'm concerned. I drink my coffee black.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Fan
    save the coffee grounds for the tomato plants and throw the cup into the recycle bin, no landfill needed

Many thanks for the input all!

Very interesting indeed.

Has anyone had any problems with lid (foil) separation? We've had two Copper Moon pods to rupture at the top (a small area around the seal) and spew coffee everywhere. I emptied the entire box and examined each pod today, and each lid looked intact. Common sense would say the outlet needle was either clogged, or it had not penetrated the bottom of the pod correctly.

I like to run 6oz of hot water into my cup before inserting a pod (a good way to preheat the cup), and I check the water for particles before tossing it. Not sure what to make of this unless the pod seal was weak to begin with.
    Last edited by Rusty James; 01-26-2020 at 07:21 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

Quote Originally Posted by D Livingston View Post
    I use a mix of re-usable cup and pods. I have found that I definitely prefer the dark roast in the Keurig over anything else (Caribou Mahogany is what I tend to get).
    I must admit, Caribou is one of the better store brands I have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by D Livingston View Post
    My wife really enjoys Starbucks Chai
    What exactly is Chai? Is that tea?
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    What exactly is Chai? Is that tea?
    Yes, it's a spiced tea with frothed milk, she gets hers hot, though they also sell it iced. It's actually pretty good.
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123