Tacos al Pastor

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
These sounded good for my first cook of the New Year. Made some refried beans to go along.

Taco ingredients. Oil, garlic, cumin, pepper, ground cloves, Guajillo chiles, pineapple juice, distilled white vinegar, achiote paste, sea salt, 2 .b. pork shoulder, half a pineapple, red onion and corn tortillas.

enhance

Heated up the spices, liquids and the anchiote paste.

enhance

enhance

Put in our Ninja and pureed until smooth. Sliced the pork and marinated for 8 hours.

enhance

Grilled the onion and pineapple.

enhance

enhance

Then the thinly sliced pork.

enhance

Beans just took a few minutes.

enhance

Combined the meat, onion and pineapple.

enhance

Toasted the tortillas and topped with some fresh cilantro.

enhance

Very tasty. The meat had wonderful flavor and was very tender. Will be doing these again soon. Hope you all are having a great start to the new year. Thanks for looking.

What a great way to start off the new year! Excellent looking al pastor tacos, Cliff! Did you use Tony and Maribel's refried bean recipe?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Did you use Tony and Maribel's refried bean recipe?

Yes Ed. Failed to mention that. It's the only refried bean recipe I use. It's easy and delicious. Their rice recipe is equally as good. Here.

How do you make beans like that?

Hey Chris. See the link Clint posted above. That's it.

Probably like this, but I'll like to see Cliff's mods

No mods Clint except I used a half onion because it was very small.

These sounded good for my first cook of the New Year. Made some refried beans to go along.

Taco ingredients. Oil, garlic, cumin, pepper, ground cloves, Guajillo chiles, pineapple juice, distilled white vinegar, achiote paste, sea salt, 2 .b. pork shoulder, half a pineapple, red onion and corn tortillas.

enhance

Cliff, not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but someday all those little yellow cups will contain your daily prescriptions.;)

But hopefully you'll still be making great al pastor!

Back