YellaWood Grill Table Kit

Interesting. Most of the reviews were pretty good except for the hardware not lining up perfectly. Seems there were a few complaints about stability... I don’t think I’d have a use for it with my line up of kettles but this might be perfect for my 22” WSM. Right now I have the Weber side table attached to the handles I added. But it is not super stable and there is not a lot of work space.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely be investigating this one further!

Dustin

I think someone did a bit of a review on one of these some time back. I don’t recall specifics but it sounded like it was pretty decent. I think I’d add wheels though. I have an extra 22” kettle, that might just need a home like that, thinking of a dedicated pizza oven or a Vortex specific unit.
My biggest problem is “Where in Blazes do I PUT it”?

I made something similar for my 26" here are a couple of observations of what I figured out along the way. First, wheels were a must for me, second I wanted to offset the bowl so it didn't sit directly on the starboard I used and the same would be the case for wood I would imagine to prevent melting in this case burnt wood so I added some L-brackets to slip underneath the bowls lip to lift the bowl up an inch or two for clearance. Next I noticed the bowl would shift when I lifted the lid, so I added to two braces to the bottom of the bowl using the leg inserts and bolting through the holes for the quick detach aluminum legs that I didn't use. The bowl is solidly stabilized with no movement now when lifting the heavy lid.

I am not so sure it's a great idea to use pressure treated wood for something that may come in contact with food or its utensils, if I was to use wood it wouldn't be PT.

HhCYW15.jpg

Made out of black Starboard, scrape aluminum fencing and ton of screws. May have my fence buddy weld this all together one of these days.

Last edited:
How has it held up, Tom?
HDPE is not a material I would have considered for a cooking area in such proximity to the fire bowl. To me it looks like your kettle is sitting less than an inch from the top, it may just be the angle of the picture.

If you like it I would just study the dimensions and buy a nicer wood to build one yourself. These table kits aren't usually that great and all you would need is a nice miter saw and drill/nailer to get the job done. I would still prefer a nice Performer over a wood table though just because they are easily moved.

Thats a pretty nice build Tom. Nice job!

Tim, it is holding up well and is about a year or so old. The bowl is actually more than an inch from the top, doesn't even get warm to the touch and I too had the same concern when opting to use this as the cover material to the frame I built.

Thanks Bill, appreciate the comment!

Very cool looking table! Nice work

I made something similar for my 26" here are a couple of observations of what I figured out along the way. First, wheels were a must for me, second I wanted to offset the bowl so it didn't sit directly on the starboard I used and the same would be the case for wood I would imagine to prevent melting in this case burnt wood so I added some L-brackets to slip underneath the bowls lip to lift the bowl up an inch or two for clearance. Next I noticed the bowl would shift when I lifted the lid, so I added to two braces to the bottom of the bowl using the leg inserts and bolting through the holes for the quick detach aluminum legs that I didn't use. The bowl is solidly stabilized with no movement now when lifting the heavy lid.

I am not so sure it's a great idea to use pressure treated wood for something that may come in contact with food or its utensils, if I was to use wood it wouldn't be PT.

HhCYW15.jpg

Made out of black Starboard, scrape aluminum fencing and ton of screws. May have my fence buddy weld this all together one of these days.

Back