Weber Kettle Pemiums on clearance at Walmart

Blake in OK

Hi all,
First post, I have a Weber gas grill I bought a couple springs ago. I was blown away at how well it cooked. So I got the hankering to get a kettle. Its been a long time since I cooked over coals. I been looking for a deal on CL for a while with no luck. Started searching on the deal sites and found Walmart has closeouts grills at some locations. I found a NIB 22in Premium for $75. I picked it up last week and have used it a couple times already. Here is the link just drop in your zip and see if any are around. Mine was marked $164 on the box $124 on the shelf label and rang up $75. It looks like you can even score one for $40 if your real lucky.

https://www.dexterclearance.com/walmart-local-stock?upc_product=077924032479&zip=

Last edited:
I managed to pick up 3 of these last year for $40 at Wal-Mart (one for me and two for relatives). Unfortunately it seems like a lot of retailers are carrying less stock when it comes to Webers because of all the deal hunters like myself included. Last year my local HD had some full size Performers, this year they only have the flip up table Performers. The local Wal-Mart only had the Jumbo Joe cheapo and a regular kettle with no accessories. Kind of unfortunate. You can still find stuff at the local ACE hardware stores occasionally, but that is more gassers and accessories.

Many big box stores no longer carry Weber stuff or very limited stuff in my area. I think it is mainly driven by the fact that peopled don't want to spend this much on a grill. Plus I think Weber has lost its reputation. People no longer seem to care about the brand that much.
- I have not seen Weber grills or Weber accessories in any Walmart near me recently
- Target basically reduced their Weber stuff to almost nothing. Only 18" kettles, Smokey Joes and some accessories in stores in my area. No more 22" kettles and grates.
- Home Depot and Lowe's only carry the entry kettles and gassers. I have never seen a full size Performer or Summit gas grill at any of these stores. If I would be in the market for a Summit I would not even know where to buy one. However last year I was happy to get a 18" WSM for $99 at a local HD. But since then most HD stores don't carry these anymore either.
But all stores always have at least 20 to 30 shiny and cheap made in China SS grills sitting up front.

Last winter I saw a Weber Performer premium at HD for about half price. I wasn't really in the market for a charcoal grill at the time. Now I am kicking my self for not bringing it home. If I see another deal on one it will be in my back yard. I saw in another thread the Lowes closeout of $800 genesis grills for $250. A store about an hour away showed 2 last night. Today they showed none when I had time to go look there.

I have never seen a full size Performer or Summit gas grill at any of these stores. If I would be in the market for a Summit I would not even know where to buy one.

Unfortunately the only stores where you will find them are going to be big BBQ stores or ACE stores in major cities if you are wanting to see one up close. A lot of those stores can order them, but they won't keep them in quantity because the mark up usually isn't that great compared to the large loss they take on them if they have to mark them down. I was talking about the Summit compared to the Big Green Egg that they frequently keep in stock with a local ACE employee who is a Weber fan. He commented that the mark up on Big Green Egg isn't more than $30 to $50 buying them in store even though they cost in the upper hundreds to thousands of dollars. He was trying to get them to keep at least one Summit in store as an alternative, but with no success. I think most of a these stores will just have a few in the warehouse and will order from Weber as needed. Which is unfortunate for me (and others) as I would love to find one that is decently priced as a mark down in store. Hell it would at least be nice of they put them on display so people even knew they existed. If an informed salesperson told me the difference between a Weber and a Big Green Egg I would buy the Charcoal summit every single time.

I wish Weber was able to mass produce them a little more to bring the price down. I just think $1,500 to $2,000 is a little hard to swallow especially when a lot of the parts are rehashed from their other kettles. I mean I think (can't confirm) they even use the 26er bowl and lid and just add the insulation layer on the inside of it and they reuse the wheels and igniters from the performer.

I think the Weber brand has been trying to revamp their market the last few years with the Summit Charcoal, smoke fire, and limited run colors. Unfortunately, for your average household they just see a regular black charcoal grill and see no problem using the one they inherited from a friend/relative. Honestly, I think they should just stop making so many 18s, 22s, SJs, and GAs in black as it is so common no one cares anymore. I mean sure a lot of kettle heads and grillers will keep one that they will abuse, but they aren't going to go buy one in store ever.

I actually bought a new MT this year and the only reason I did it was because the Spring Green color was really interesting. The only thing a new black kettle is good for is a gift, parts, pizza oven, or grill experiments.

Last edited:
I agree that Weber has some challenges, not the least of which is that big box stores and other retailers seems to be reducing the shelf space they offer for their products. That pretty much leaves you with Ace or specialty shops. It makes me wonder if Weber won't think about opening some company stores like they have in Europe. The one I went to in Germany was as cool - in a grill sort of way - as going to an Apple store.

The Summit seems like an awesome grill. (I only got to see one in person by visiting an Ace in a very wealthy community on the west coast of Florida.) But, they way overpriced it and now you seldom hear about it. I think they learned a lesson from this and are being aggressive with the pricing on their new SmokeFire. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I do think you will be seeing Weber SmokeFires and Lowe's and Home Depot - probably more pellet grills overall. There is a shift underway, so part of what we may be seeing with bargain sell-offs and inventory reduction on gas and charcoal grills, etc. may be aimed at making more pellet grills and supplies available.

Nice! I checked out a few Lowe's in Alabama while I was visiting some relatives, they only had some older Genesis parts left like grates and flavor bars... my local store says they have 4 of these baskets in stock at $4.99.... might swing by there tonight and grab a couple.

That would be a DEAL! I bought the last two sets my Lowe's had for $9.99 (50% off).

Well I'm 1 for 2 on these deals. Was able to score a 22" Kettle yesterday for $60 but the Lowe's said they had the basket in stock this morning but no one could find it.

Well I'm 1 for 2 on these deals. Was able to score a 22" Kettle yesterday for $60 but the Lowe's said they had the basket in stock this morning but no one could find it.

That's great. You got the kettle at Walmart? Mine had non in stock.

At my Lowe's, the baskets were tucked away behind some of the other Weber accessories on the floor shelf. There wasn't even a price tag or anything for it. Sometimes you have to dig around a little. My guess is they are about to do their annual inventory and are just trying to clear out items so they don't have to count them....we did that when I worked at Ace Hardware years ago.

I agree that Weber has some challenges, not the least of which is that big box stores and other retailers seems to be reducing the shelf space they offer for their products. That pretty much leaves you with Ace or specialty shops. It makes me wonder if Weber won't think about opening some company stores like they have in Europe. The one I went to in Germany was as cool - in a grill sort of way - as going to an Apple store.

The Summit seems like an awesome grill. (I only got to see one in person by visiting an Ace in a very wealthy community on the west coast of Florida.) But, they way overpriced it and now you seldom hear about it. I think they learned a lesson from this and are being aggressive with the pricing on their new SmokeFire. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I do think you will be seeing Weber SmokeFires and Lowe's and Home Depot - probably more pellet grills overall. There is a shift underway, so part of what we may be seeing with bargain sell-offs and inventory reduction on gas and charcoal grills, etc. may be aimed at making more pellet grills and supplies available.

I saw some of your posts from Germany and I can’t believe we don’t have stores like that, I would be in heaven and broke!! It annoys the hell out of me that other countries get options we don’t!!
That being said, send me my EX6 so I can F @@@@ up this spring!! With Chris upgrading the site to an easier picture post I will be real busy this spring and summer!!!

I saw some of your posts from Germany and I can’t believe we don’t have stores like that, I would be in heaven and broke!! It annoys the hell out of me that other countries get options we don’t!!
That being said, send me my EX6 so I can F @@@@ up this spring!! With Chris upgrading the site to an easier picture post I will be real busy this spring and summer!!!

Weber is marketing their grills in Europe as high end live style products and they cost about twice as much as here in the US. Here in the US they are more of a commodity. That being said I would not mind having similar BBQ stores here in the US. But not for European prices. I rather have the lower US prices and a limited selection.

I would love to run a Weber store, I’ve been thinking about that for years!
“Tim’s World O’ Grills” have every model, every color, all the accoutrements, charcoal, smoke woods, maybe work out a deal with a butcher, do workshops, spend a lot of time being a loafer, chatting up grilling handing out cards for you Chris!
Now that Weber has joined the pellet market, aside from possible custom work (my wife’s cousin is a fantastic metalworker) the entire inventory could be “Webercentric”!
What a pipe dream!

Back