A Master Forge Behemoth

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Once in a while you see some REALLY BIG grills for sale. This one is certainly one of the larger ones. That's a lot of sheet metal and I think you would need pilot's training to operate all those knobs:rolleyes:!

qvKfLqJ.jpg

nxv6JLj.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/621568191919514/

damn, that thin would go through a 20lb propane tank faster than Q200 on a 1lb bottle.

It probably is worth more for the SS scrap than what it would be worth to rehab.

Years ago I picked up a similar though slightly smaller behemoth "Sterling Forge" BBQ at a contents sale for $50. I had to disassemble the BBQ and side shelves to fit it into my Toyota Sienna minivan.
The person running the contents sale wanted rid of it as no one was remotely interested (it was sitting in a backyard full of Toronto snow).
I used it for a year or so and dumped it for $350 when I managed to scoop a Vermont Castings BBQ free.

The Sterling Forge BBQ (made by Nexgrill) was an all show and no substance BBQ - the smoker drawer (a long slim drawer designed for wood chips) had rotted out.
The built in rotisserie motor was dead and the built in chrome goose neck grilling light was all pitted.
It did have nice steel rod grates - but had hot and cold spots - typical for a Nexgrill POS.

Yeah, I think this one is a ton of show and probably very little go. Great scrap metal addition:rolleyes:!

Back