SS grate for 26er

Dustin Flavell

TVWBB Pro
Folks looking for suggestions on a SS replacement cooking grate for my 26” kettle. Not a huge fan of cast so thinking of going stainless. I looked at the killa grilla which seems pretty well built for 140 bucks. Thoughts on that one and are there others you might recommend or avoid? Thanks in advance

I think you will find the Weber grate to be 430 as I did for the 22" one I got in Germany. That's not the end of the world, though. Just need to compare apples to apples when looking at price.

I love my Killa Grilla grate and since I have the old style "flat top" 26, those new Weber grates won't even fit my grill. Mark Baron of Killa Grilla is probably the only source for grates for mine. His grates are 304 stainless, and they do have considerably thicker rods than OEM Weber ones. He makes grates for both 26" grills and also makes a model with one large fold-up side which works wonderfully for a Slow-n-Sear or Smokenator.

7FRrpxH.jpg

ivaGIHK.jpg

Killa Grilla is probably the best made after market grill grate you will find. They are pricey, but they are made of thick 304 SS and built to last. As long as you don't swing baseball bats at it the thing will probably last a lifetime. About the only time I have heard of SS thick grates not lasting a really long time is in a commercial setting. For instance the Weber Restaurant Ranch has a thick (probably 3/4") sear grate on the backside of the grill. The thing lasts months not years if I remember right. However, it has super hot charcoal running under it probably 10 plus hours a day almost every day a year.

I have a few of the Killa Grilla grates in the SnS style as I am not a huge fan of the smaller side flaps. I also picked up his charcoal grates for a few of my nicer grills.

Jon and Bill. Thanks for the info on the killa Grilla. I thought 140 seemed steep but sounds like a heavy duty cooking grate that would last a really long time. Worth the money especially since the 26 is my main cooker.

Back