Happy Belated Thanksgiving

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Changed jobs awhile back, out of the Forklift business into the trucking business. Still doing lots of BBQ, just not had the chance to post them here. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I was most happy with ours

Rise & Shine

RN0WjMr.jpg

24 LBS from Safeway. It's regularly $35, but if you spent $25, you get it for $8. I bought two bags of Kingsford Cherry Charcoal, and that totaled $26, so the Turkey was $8

H0EWUP8.jpg

QJEOhAO.jpg

I'm ready

uKdSLL8.jpg

Problem right from the start. My wings became untied and knocked the lid off. Not sure how long it was off, but my charcoal was considerably burned up. Had to spend the rest of the cook adding lit charcoal

yasPhEY.jpg

No harm, no foul (get it foul) I'm here all day

KyumDCU.jpg

Next oops... Didn't do a good job securing the turkey on the spit. After several moments and even more bloody marys, decided it would be best to just let it ride as it

Qhmva6y.jpg

Third oops, dropped the baster (glass) had to scoop the juices for basting. This actually might be my preferred method from now on

WpnoCrz.jpg

There's that stupid wing string

pHtG9O8.jpg

Yet another oops... The fork wasn't tight enough and traveled to the edge of the BBQ

rtYL7LY.jpg

To be continued...

He's done

UHdDq6S.jpg

Rested untented

co3PjQ4.jpg

Bandit says hi

uN1dvxw.jpg

My plate (it ain't pretty but it sure was tasty)

The Breasts, man did they make great sandwiches

5CXorYT.jpg

Homemade Egg rolls

XZGKpNm.jpg

Taco cups

54z2lDu.jpg

Extreme heat buffalo dip

WKZqFes.jpg

Garlic tatters

RANUDDK.jpg

Pumpkin Pie

IbttCFv.jpg

Apple Pie

9tSMgHQ.jpg

To be continued

I just love Apple Pie, I ate 3 plates, LOL

wCMv3ya.jpg

And two of these

DLSSelG.jpg

It got late fast, but I still had work to do

Made broth for Turkey Soup

saNYHRR.jpg

wr6cVwn.jpg

cjPMoLe.jpg

And finally my favorite thing about Turkey

AKHgOJK.jpg

z1aAesu.jpg

It was a really fun Thanksgiving, the weather was perfect, but I did have to fire up the outdoor heater, dead calm, couldn't have been better. Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving, time to start thinking about Christmas. I checked the Food Maxx ad, they have 7 rib prime rib roast (choice) for $6.66 a pound, that makes me happy :)

Boy Chuck that big bird fought you all the way but you came out on top. Looks great and the other parts of the feast as well.

Wow; I'd say you had a terrific Thanksgiving even with the fowl fouls. Beautiful-looking food! I did a whole breast a couple weeks ago and one of my tines came loose and it wasn't spinning for a little while.

Changed jobs awhile back, out of the Forklift business into the trucking business.

And to think, I thought you were in the CIA!! ;) Great looking cook Chuck, both the bird and the sides Hope you had a wonderful T-Day. Sure looks like it from start to finish.

Good to see they let you out of your cage for the holidays, Chuck! :p
Lots of fine looking eats! Hope you're not such a stranger going forward.

Back