Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
News from a reliable source:

Shortly after SmokeFire launch, Weber will offer new work table accessories:

• A left-side work table that fits both EX4 and EX6
  • A one-piece front work table for EX4
  • A two-piece work table for EX6.
All of these work tables will fold down.

I know that add on accessories are the current tread among grill manufactures, but it seems a little ridiculous that at least one shelf isn't provide with a $1000 grill. Just MO.

I know that add on accessories are the current tread among grill manufactures, but it seems a little ridiculous that at least one shelf isn't provide with a $1000 grill. Just MO.
I totally agree with you Rich, but also think Weber wanted to keep the basic models at the lowest price possible in order to compete with a bloated pellet grill market.

I totally agree with you Rich, but also think Weber wanted to keep the basic models at the lowest price possible in order to compete with a bloated pellet grill market.
I like the idea, it was not easy getting the wife on board with this one and $1199 is no joke.

I agree with that Bob, but really how much is a metal side shelf going to cost Weber....maybe $10 if that much. That would make it that much more attractive to the potential buyer.

I really like the " folding " part ..............I wish the work tables on my Spirit 3 gasser folded down. Be much easier to move it out of the way.

I agree with that Bob, but really how much is a metal side shelf going to cost Weber....maybe $10 if that much. That would make it that much more attractive to the potential buyer.
Boy you old guys are hard to please! :p
I've been under the weather for a week and a half with an upper respiratory issue. These things hit me harder than they used to and I haven't been cooking outdoors at all.
During this time the EX4 popped back up on my radar screen for its ease of use.
Still a wait and see for now.

FWIW, Rec Tec pretty much does the same thing. There is a small left shelf with the control display on the bottom. (Weber has that but with a display better placed on top!) My used Rec Tec included the fold-down stainless front shelf. Without it, the grill would definitely be harder to use. I hope the Weber tables will be decent material.

lUy6EXN.jpg

I am still OK with Weber, Rec Tec doing it this way as I have mentioned before. Let you get in and then upgrade as you are able.

Boy you old guys are hard to please! :p
I've been under the weather for a week and a half with an upper respiratory issue. These things hit me harder than they used to and I haven't been cooking outdoors at all.
During this time the EX4 popped back up on my radar screen for its ease of use.
Still a wait and see for now.

Hope you're feeling better Bob. We got flu and pneumonia shots and so far so good. Barb works part time at Safeway as a checker and of course has a constant line of sneezing, hacking customers going through her register, so we are taking all the precautions we can.

I would love to get a EX4. but deep down inside me I know I don't need all the great features it has. I've decided I will get a more generic pellet grill, I only need it for smoking pork butts, ribs, brisket, turkey breast and of course bacon that you taught me how to make. I talked to my daughter about her Traeger and she says they love it, but its a PITA to clean and that's exactly what my foot doctor said about his.

So I'm looking at Camp Chef models which have a much better ash disposal system than Traeger and on some models it's simple to change out the pellets. At slightly more than half the price of the Weber including shelfs which I'd guess would make it half the price if you added them onto the Weber I think that's the route I will go. Plus they have a three year warranty. Don't need Wi-Fi and Bluetooth I'll monitor with my Maverick and I'll be good to go.

Also you're right the older I get the more I'm thinking of starring in a remake of grumpy old men, I'd be perfect for that.:cool:

Last edited:
Older thread but it looks like Weber will offer a lower shelf as well. All four legs have an unused inward facing nutsert near the caster assembly. I’m unsure if this has been announced or not.

My Rec Tec has that as standard, probably to give strength to the legs. I never use it but regularly use the fold down front tray.

I added the bottom shelf to my Rec Tec Mini and my Camp Chef. I did it for the added stability and it definitely helped stabilize both when moving them. It's the first mod I made to both grills.

Back