Weber Q Coal Burner on a Q300/Q200 cart?

Yes, the CharQ is identical to the Q200/2000 grills in size, so any stand that will hold one of those will hold a CharQ. I didn’t think the grate for the electric Q was cast iron, but I have never really looked at one. The grate that comes with the CharQ is a lot like the gas Q except with no filled in parts that protect the burners on the gas grill. I was really happy that my CharQ grates were intact, but I think you could use a grate from a Q200/2000 with no big issues.

That looks like a nice CharQ. I don’t think these have much flip potential, based on ones I have seen for sale previously. But, as a grill to try out charcoal grilling (not low and slow bbq) yourself, I can highly recommend it.

It's in my garage. Here are some photos. From what I can tell, it is pretty good condition for a 2009 grill.

m869A5c.jpg

FqDMUKI.jpg

MtwzAll.jpg

7S7yMU6.jpg

1OYDZ4m.jpg

6bhpxMs.jpg

03STeqP.jpg

v6Lf1OC.jpg

bwx1KD1.jpg

Other than cleaning and the grates look like they need a good amount of work should be decent

It is a cool grill. But am just not real interested in getting into the coal burning thing. I am kinda lazy that way. But it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Words cannot describe how envious I am of you right now!!! The Char-Q is my unicorn! I have searched for years with no luck. Great find.
Tim

That's a really nice example Bruce. Much nicer than mine.

If you do sell (I think you should try some charcoal grilling on it myself. You are liable to get hooked:eek:!) then maybe you should do a little auction here on the board. I think there is some real interest:cool:!

I suppose I could but then I would have to buy some Charcoal and I don't really need to be giving myself any more reasons to decide I need to keep another grill. hahaha. I will rehab it and try to sell it local. If not, I will solicit buyers online. But shipping charges will cut greatly into any profit.

Yah Jon will have me out there in six degree weather scraping, grinding, scrubbing and washing a grill until I wind up in the hospital with frostbite.
It's nice and sunny out there in the driveway, but it is cold as heck too. April.

Yah Jon will have me out there in six degree weather scraping, grinding, scrubbing and washing a grill until I wind up in the hospital with frostbite.
It's nice and sunny out there in the driveway, but it is cold as heck too. April.

I was in the carwash scrubbing a Spirit, that greasy old 1000 I picked up a while back
and a special project (hope to post by the weekend) on Sunday.
It was about 40 and the wind was howling thru the bay. I wondered then just *** I was doing out
in that mess. I started feeling kind of puny last night, and woke up this morning with a nice head cold.
I know these things get passed on from person to person, but the cold sure doesn't help to fight off the
bug. I hope I feel a little better by the weekend, as I need to do it again with another load, before the
really cold and snow hit on Sunday.

Yeah, wait until spring! I don’t want anyone getting sick over anything in the winter!

Back