Is anyone familiar with this grill

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
What can you tell me about this grill. Seems they are over $2000 new and this one looks in great shape.

Solaire 27 in infra red stainless steel gas grill

FUE1ALe.jpg

RdaDj3X.jpg

u1VtTOS.jpg

lObhWbr.jpg

It looks good but the only thing that concerns me with these type grills is how expensive the burners can get. These can range in the $150 to $300 as with Lynx.

Yah. That is kind of why I am looking for info, so I can search the net for parts. I probably wouldn't even consider it if it needed any parts replaced.

Check out this link. It looks like an updated version of the same grill. The infrared burners are below the grates with seemingly no protection from drippings? How does that work?

Last edited:
I just found parts on Amazon for it. One burner and heat sheild set is $175. It takes two. An Infrared burner is $190. Yikes.

Another cool grill like the others that pull me off the straight and narrow:eek:. I think this is a little like the TEC grill I had, except the TEC has a shield of high heat glass - like on a smooth top range - that protects the infrared burner(s). I actually made a nice profit on that one, but I was never super impressed that the TEC grilled any better than my Genesis with GrillGrates. I liked its rust resistance, but the solid stainless gets kind of boring to me, and the TEC I had didn’t have a thermometer or even a place to hang any grilling tools.

It is going to be at an auction next weekend. If you were to buy it, what kind of price range would you be looking at? I realize you don't have any really good pictures, but from what I can tell, it looks pretty darn nice.

Maybe $200 if you hope to flip and are willing to be patient. For someone who wanted an all stainless higher tech grill for themselves it would be worth more.

Thanks, I hope to be checking it out Friday and the bidding begins on Sunday Eve, so I will be able to see what it might need and make a decision how far I want to pursue it.

They're really cool products but as you found out parts are expensive. Also if you may want to keep it for yourself they're very singular in purpose. No low and slow or indirect as they cook literally with "light". So they produce very intense heat in a dedicated spot. Of course excellent for steaks and chops and the like

Well, I checked the grill out today. Definitely not as nice and clean or as in as good of shape as the photos showed. It was fairly dirty. The left was the IR burner and the right had the tube burner and in the back was another IR sear burner. The "flavorizer" bar over the burner was on it's way out and the burner underneath had a gaping hole in it. IMO, had the grill not been all SS, it would have been a rust wreck as well. With a single regular tube burner or IR burner being close to $200, this grill isn't on my rehab and flip list.

Back