New Year's Eve Plans

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We had a local grocery store relocate to across the street and hoo boy, ain't it big and fancy now!
There is a pizza bar, Asian bar, hot food bar, salad bar, AND a trail mix bar!
The produce section is twice as big as it was, as is the deli and meat/fish counter.
Pammi noticed this the other night, so we're going to get some for NYE and stay at home.
49180462451_53ffa4e950_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
They had just put some in the other day, but others are ready and beautiful!
This is one steak I'm gonna do my best to NOT overcook!

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the idea. I've had great results with Costco prime ribeyes. I'll pick some up and join you in spirit. We've most always stayed in on NYE. To crazy out there.

ha ha, You and I are going in opposite directions!;you just covered your camper up, and we’re gonna be in ours NYE. What grocery store is it? I was amazed at a couple of the Harris Teeter stores in Charlotte; the evolution of the grocery store!!!
Anyway, I hope the new job is treating you well, with less wear and tear on ya,
Tim

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the idea. I've had great results with Costco prime ribeyes. I'll pick some up and join you in spirit. We've most always stayed in on NYE. To crazy out there.

Yeah, we stopped going out on NYE many moons ago. Even chain restaurants were nuts!

ha ha, You and I are going in opposite directions!;you just covered your camper up, and we’re gonna be in ours NYE. What grocery store is it? I was amazed at a couple of the Harris Teeter stores in Charlotte; the evolution of the grocery store!!!

Tim, it’s a flagship Harris Teeter! It’s huge!
It’s at the intersection of the Brookshire (hwy16) and Mt Holly Huntersville rd.
You can check out the stupid “continuous flow intersection” while you’re there. :rolleyes:

Looks like a very fine store Phil. We don't go out NYE anymore and haven't for years. Just stay at home and watch the brave souls that do on TV or just watch a movie. I've still got some T-bones and ribeye's in the freezer I've got use up, that and a baker ought to do it.

To me, dry aged steaks are like Scotch whiskey, it's a acquired taste. Some like it and some don't.
There's a steakhouse on the southside of Chicago called Krapils and I've been there a few times. They feature dry aged steaks and it's always interesting when a first timer tries one.

Tim

It has become tradition around here to have a few in for Alaska King Crab and Prince William Sound shrimp. Stock up on butter, lemon, and hot sauce.

After years of throwing big parties on New Year’s Eve and, cleaning up until St. Patrick’s Day (I have learned to deeply dislike confetti!) and moving from the party house, I don’t plan on anything anymore for NYE. I have a buffet set for New Year’s Day with all kinds of delights. Hoppin’ Johns, this year might be pulled pork, last year was brisket, maybe some twirly birds? We shall see.

Back