Using Up The Turkeys

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Just like most of us out there we’ve been scrambling to use up our turkey leftovers from two 21 lb. turkeys. We’ve had hot turkey sandwiches and gravy, turkey sandwiches for lunch a couple of times and my wife made a delicious turkey soup. I did a turkey pot pie last night and some and some biscuits to go along with it. Here’s a few pictures. This was a recipe from Jamie. I deviated on the crust. Rather than a puff pastry crust I went with my own pie crust.

Here’s some of the ingredients including 3 cups of chopped turkey.

enhance

Sweated the onions and carrots.

enhance

Then the mushrooms and celery.

enhance

Mixed in the spices and liquids.

enhance

Transferred to the cast iron skillet.

enhance

Added the top.

enhance

All done.

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great. Just a few more weeks until Christmas and we can do it all again! Maybe a ham?? Thanks for looking.

Great use of the leftover turkey Cliff. We froze our leftover turkey and I will make soup, pot pies and other things after Christmas to get us some goodies in the Jan/Feb doldrums.
Barb always gets a Costco ham for Christmas so split pea soup and corn chowder will be added to the mix along with a few ham breakfast quiche. With the leftovers from the leftovers will have some good eats through the winter.

Back