Something completely different.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So today was my wife's birthday. This weekend my son and I baked her a cake from scratch. This was both of our first times doing this. We made a vanilla cake with butter cream/cream cheese frosting.

My son mixing up the dry ingredients.

Cakes cooling. We did our best.

My son won't stop hugging the icing.

My son icing the cake. I kept trying to get him to let me take over but he wouldn't.

It's getting there.

The final product. It was supposed to be purple. It looks more gray.

Sliced cake.

Here's your slice. I know it's not BBQ related but I figured a palate cleanser after all that turkey was in order.

Looks fantastic Dustin! Congrats to you and your son. He is indeed a handsome little guy. He'll remember that the rest of his life. Happy Birthday to your wife also.

Dustin, you’re colorblind, ask Bruce to send you his correcting glasses!
You just went a little lighter than you needed to get the desired color but, with a Sous like that, a little color drift isn’t bad at all!
It’s LAVENDER!

This is awesome; thanks for sharing! I bet your wife shed a tear or two of joy because of your effort. Happy Birthday to her!

Awesome job you two, that looks delicious. I'm sure the Mrs. enjoyed it and Happy belated Birthday.

Belated Happy Birthday to your wife. Those are pictures she will treasure the rest of her life. You are a great husband. And your son did a better job than I would have. lol

Back