Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color Blind glasses

Color Blind glasses

I know this is left field, but that is why it is in the "Just Conversation" section.

I am color blind (Red-Green) and I am considering letting the wife get me a pair of color blind glasses for Christmas. The most popular are the Enchroma brand but they are about $300 a pair. There are others. Another brand is about $100 per pair and they get some decent reviews.

I like to ask questions about stuff like this on an unrelated forum so I can get objective responses. So, here goes.
    Is anyone on here color blind? If so, did you ever try glasses? If so, how did they work for you and would you recommend them to others?

I see a bunch of videos on line with people trying them on and many times they start to cry because they are overwhelmed. It makes me wonder just what I am missing out on.

Thoughts???
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    My wife claims I am color blind but, we simply see color differently.
    I have worked art material world and dealt with some very subtle color shade and value dynamics, it’s very subjective.
    Can you do a trial period? You might cry or, you might just say “Wow”!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

This was a topic on the radio the other day.
    They kept talking about how expensive they were,
    but never said exactly how much.
    I was expecting these to be in the $1000's,
    not a few hundred or less.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

TVWBB Super Fan
    Bruce:

There was a CBS segment about a week ago about a student getting a pair of glasses to let him see things in color for the first time. His teacher also is colorblind. You might be able to find that piece in a search of the CBS site. Good luck. My wife is telling me I'm beginning to be colorblind for certain colors. Not sure I buy that one. My car still seems the same shade of blue and my frequent skin dings still drip red blood. I just found the link. EnChroma is the company and the price is around the $350.
    Last edited by Dan Leighton; 12-02-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    2007 E-320 NG Genesis Blue Sidewinder

There are color blindness tests online I fail them all

Do it!

I probably will. I am just wondering if I will go with the Enchroma ($300) a pair glasses that seem to get the best reviews across the web or if I should go with a cheaper pair like the Pilestone glasses that are more like $100 per pair but don't get quite as good of reviews.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I probably will. I am just wondering if I will go with the Enchroma ($300) a pair glasses that seem to get the best reviews across the web or if I should go with a cheaper pair like the Pilestone glasses that are more like $100 per pair but don't get quite as good of reviews.

Too bad u cant try them in person, wish i could help u choose. Only exp i have with colorblindness is an old friends friend who used to work for me. They both worked for Honeywell and There were always false alarms the first night. Im afraid they've both passed away.
    Last edited by Clint; 12-02-2019 at 10:49 PM.

TVWBB Fan
    Buy them with PayPal and you will have a return option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast