Thanksgiving 2019 in Northern CA

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Had a great Thanksgiving Day yesterday, although my wife and I were exhausted with all the work leading up to our evening. I took a few pictures over the last couple of days. Pretty much the same meal as we've had over the past several years.

Did the annual pumpkin pie on my 14" WSM. This little guy is great for pies, along with everything else it does!

enhance

Made some make ahead mashed potatoes on Wednesday. Put in fridge overnight and it was ready to go the following day.

enhance

Green bean casserole. Made with a mushroom blend. Shiitakes, Oyster and Tree.

enhance

Gave them all a coarse chop.

enhance

Also made some of Doug's Smoked Mushroom dip.

enhance

Put together my Weber Pecan Stuffing for the bird and 3 extra trays cooked seperately.

enhance

21 lb. turkey, stuffed and on a Weber Kettle running at 350.

enhance

Took approximately 4 1/2 hours to cook

enhance

enhance

Potatoes on for around 40 minutes.

enhance

My plate.

enhance

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures. We're doing a second cook tomorrow for more family.
Have to rest up. ;) Thanks for looking.

That's one heckuva fine looking meal Cliff!
We didn't host this year, and the older I get the more I like not having the stress of TG.
We will host Christmas this year, hams are much easier and stress free than turkeys, at least for me.

Very nice Cliff, love the color on the bird. I also agree with Bob lots of stress involved with trying to time everything to come together. Fortunately It was just Barb and me this year.

That looks awesome! I don't know that I've ever seen a cook where the skin wasn't pulled-back from the legs.

Cliff, that looks fantastic and your plated plate over the top. Outstanding job by you and your wife.

Cliff, the only thing I like better than my Thanksgiving, is your Thanksgiving. Awesome

Back