halfa racka pork

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Costco! sells racks of pork at 5 bucks and some change.
I bought a fat pack, but with just the girl and me, I figured i'd cut it in half.
so I did. vac sealed the other half for another time.

A1oLQex.jpg

seasoned the 4 boner with some political penzey spices & a healthy dose of minced gaaarlic, then saran wrapped it

Ur75ufa.jpg

got the Weber Charcoal Summit Grill (or Weber Summit Charcoal Grill [whichever])
fixed up with Weber Briquettes and hickory wood...
drip pan in place (but not required), and let'er fly at 260ºF until it hit an internal temp of 145ºF

e1zb55I.jpg

irKtLcT.jpg

lt9RH9c.jpg

after (approximately) 2 hours 30 minutes... the halfa racka pork was done..
after resting about 15/20 minutes, I sliced it....

shGHScZ.jpg

yLmTfid.jpg

….and served it.

ZRWITjk.jpg

Wonderful smoky flavor with the true pork taste, it was a near perfect dinner.
Thank you for viewing this post, enjoy your evening! <('@')>

Boy o boy jim , it’s been a while since I checked in but you’re still killin it on the grill. That is bee yoo tee full.

That looks spectacular, Jim! We just bought three of those from Costco, one for a test drive and two more for a dinner party we're hosting next month. I was going to sous vide and finish on the grill, but I may have to reconsider after seeing these.

Wow! Great cook Jim. I was at Costco yesterday to pick up our pumpkin pie. Wish I had seen this earlier I would have checked out the meat dept. better. Our Costco has a huge parking lot, at 10am on Monday it took a half hour to find a parking spot. Just totally insane.

Back