Smoked Gouda for Christmas

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Smoked Gouda for Christmas begins 30 days in advance in the WSM. Using BBQrs Delight apple wood pellets and a 2 hr smoking tube. Monitoring pit temp with ThermoWorks ChefAlarm. Vacuum seal, rest in the fridge for 30 days and enjoy! Complete process at https://virtualweberbullet.com/smoked-cheese

Z7TO7FN.jpg

E9dU8Ep.jpg

abN9hRY.jpg

Chris, thanks for the reminder. They have a nice herbed Gouda locally here that I like to smoke. I will have to dig out my Amazin smoker tray and get some done this week. :)

Looks great Chris, I've never smoked Cheese also don't have a smoke tube. Don't think I want to go there right now, Barbs given me the green light for a SmokeFire don't want that light to turn red.;)

I’m definitely looking toward to this...smoke tube is already on my Christmas List to Santa!

Sure would like to do some for thanksgiving...but I don’t think Santa is working this early. :(

You're right on top of it Chris. Looks great and will be a tasty Christmas treat. I've spent the last five days smoking beef sticks for Christmas. I was going to call that good however you've got me thinking cheese again. I smoked some Gouda, Cheddar, Provolone and Gruyere about a month ago. We liked the Gouda and Gruyere the best. Might throw some cheese in with the sticks!

I tried smoking cheese once before and it was a disaster. I followed your suggestions this time around and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I have a bunch of gouda and cheddar shrink wrapped in the fridge to mellow. First time everything tasted like an ash tray but a tiny sample of this batch before shrink wrapping was a hit. Can't wait to taste it after the rest period. Really appreciate the tips!

Back