GEN 3000 Weak middle burner tube flame...thoughts?

MarkSiebel

TVWBB Fan
Troubleshooting question for you all!!! .... finishing up a Genesis 3000 typical 3 burner manifold.. middle burner tube very low flame... disassembled individual igniter cleaned everything nothing blocking the flair .. Wire brushed burner tube..even tried a new regulator hose thoughts?

Mark: Do you have any other Genesis X000 grills that you could steal a burner tube off of for testing?

Have you actually removed the tube from the grill or did you try to clean it while still in the grill. If so, then I would suggest that you remove it and inspect it, particularly where the valve enters the tube. It might have gunk or more likely the remnants of insect activity in there. Once you get it off, you can more effectively inspect the flame holes and even look down inside the tube for blockages. Also check the orifice on the valve for any problems.

As Larry says, a picture would help as well.

EDIT: After re-reading you post, it sounds like this might be a rehab grill and you already have had it apart and inspected the tube and cleaned it. I would look next at the valve and orifice. But, if you can't see a problem, then it might just need to be replaced.
Have you tried a different tank? Likely not the issue, but it won't hurt to try if you have a spare laying around.

Last edited:
Mark: Do you have any other Genesis X000 grills that you could steal a burner tube off of for testing?

Have you actually removed the tube from the grill or did you try to clean it while still in the grill. If so, then I would suggest that you remove it and inspect it, particularly where the valve enters the tube. It might have gunk or more likely the remnants of insect activity in there. Once you get it off, you can more effectively inspect the flame holes and even look down inside the tube for blockages. Also check the orifice on the valve for any problems.

As Larry says, a picture would help as well.

EDIT: After re-reading you post, it sounds like this might be a rehab grill and you already have had it apart and inspected the tube and cleaned it. I would look next at the valve and orifice. But, if you can't see a problem, then it might just need to be replaced.
Have you tried a different tank? Likely not the issue, but it won't hurt to try if you have a spare laying around.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!! new tubes :)

I'm a huge fan of new tubes. If i were me, I'd get a backup set. But that's only if you were me.

Disclaimer: I won a golf wager earlier, and as such had open bar.

Slainte!

Back