Bruce or anyone near Madison WI

I see these old grills posted routinely in my area. Generally they are really cheap- Under $40,
and they seem to never sell even when in really good condition. Does anyone have any success
flipping these?

May be a decent grill, but like Dave says, they are not a good flip IMO. Kinda looks like a Broilermaster form factor as well.

Last edited:
Larry,
I thought you said theses don’t cook evenly.

I wish I could get it just for the base to use on a Broilmaster project!

I think it may have been just the one I had. It was the one I shattered part of the cook box on trying to get a screw out and I wonder if it interrupted air flow causing it to not cook as evenly. I think the one I had was troubled and I ended up donating it to my bother in law to use at Shepard's Hope Chicago feeding center. He said his cooks love the thing. Of course maybe all they had to use was garbage grills. He said it is still happily in use on a daily basis. So it's pretty rugged I would guess as well

Looks very similar to Broilmaster, and that's a good thing even if not stylish.

So similar that I bet with a little finagling I could take a Broilmaster firebox and mount it on that old Ducane base. Too bad it wasn't near me. I have Broilmaster parts galore but need bases to put them on.

Back