Summit D4 done

Good ad copy! I like the disclosure of being a Weber restorer so, don’t jive me about pricing! Fair deal, well done sir!

Yah, someone is going to respond with "I would give you $180 cash in hand". Mark my words.

That looks great Stefan. If someone wants a really nice grilling machine, they would be hard pressed to find a better deal. Good luck.

Stefan,
I will jump in echoing what the others have already said. Beautiful grill! I like your ad copy and the collage of previous projects. You established that you are a pro and hopefully that will reduce the loser, lowball types from passing on their insults. (Bruce, You are so right!) More importantly, I think a quality oriented buyer couldn't help but be impressed. It will probably take some time, so keep up your patience and resolve!

Jon is right. That collage is a great idea. I might have to copy that idea if I can scare up some good past photos.

Stefan,
Do you have some progress pictures that you could use to put together a before, during and after story on your Summit? It would make a great addition to our tagged threads. We need more good Summit restores in our collection, especially since these grills produce different reactions by different people.

For what it’s worth, even though I am not a fan of the current version, I think the one you restored is a really nice grill. If the firebox had been all cast aluminum it would have been a truly great grill design.

Stefan,
That looks great. Good luck with the sale.

I don't like the note about low-ball offers, I feel it kind of off-putting, for lack of the right word. I want to encourage any dialogue (except the "is this still available" :)) with prospective buyers. No harm if someone throws out a low-ball offer-I'll do it myself if I'm only semi-interested in something-it's just an opportunity to "educate" them about what type of grill you might be able to provide them at that price.

Ralph has a good point and I generally follow that rule. Even with this Summit grill, if someone low balls you, you might be able to interest them in a perfectly good Genesis Silver B for their budget. A lot of people wouldn't know the difference between a Summit/Genesis or Spirit. You can always ignore the trolls. But, I can understand the desire to screen out as many as possible

Can't add a lot to what's been said, but you did a great job and the ad is spot on. It may take awhile but I think you have it priced fairly.

I will try to soften my comments. I have no problem with people making offers. Hey, the one site is called “OfferUp!” If someone lists a used and abused, not even cleaned grill they want out of their garage, they are inviting low offers. However, when a seller uses craftsmanship and obvious hard work to produce a beautiful object (grill or whatever) reflecting personal attention and skill, I just feel that it is insulting to offer a fraction of a fair asking price. I am not above making offers, but I appreciate and respect hard work done with skill and talent and would never offer someone who demonstrated that an offer of half or a third of their asking price as if my grubby “cash in hand” would make any difference. Offers and negotiation, yes. Insults, I won’t talk with them.

Right Jon. I just ignore the trolls. They tend to go away if you ignore them.

Fantastic resto, Stefan. I can't wait to see how this works out. I will also parrott removing the negativity part of the ad directed towards lo-ballers. The typical lo-baller willnever agree to any price you will accept so there is no need to acknowledge them to begin with. However a legit buyer may be turned off by the tone of your ad. Keep things positive, and reap the rewards.

Sorry guys I don’t have any before and after pics. I tend do forget to take the before pics. But the grill was in great shape. The previous owner put it in storage without cleaning it. It probably had 1/8” of grease in the firebox and the cabinet. Basically lots of undercoating all over it. Best rust protection. 😂
I guess it set in storage for many years. All I had to replace were the grates, igniter smoker box and caster wheels. Originally I thought discarding it because it was sooo dirty. But all that grease worked for me.
I may already have a buyer. A coworker is looking for a grill. Not for $600 but I don’t have more than $150 in it.

Well it is always nice to do something for a friend. I would say he will be getting one really nice and no longer common grill.

It was actually my coworker’s sun in law. Young couple who just moved into their first house. We agreed on $500. I even delivered it for free. I hope they will be happy with it.
And I am happy too. Originally I wanted to discard the grill because it was so dirty.

Dave, you are right on. I think it is pretty tough trying to get $500 for any grill that is "Used". People buying used are generally looking for a lower price when they see new Weber grills going for about the same price. They have to really know what they are buying to drop that kind of money.

Back