Steak Club #26 - T-bones

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I know I've posted about our little Steak Club before, and last night was my turn to host the boyz again. Since we've done this 26 times now, it's tough to find steak cuts that haven't repeated in the list before (which nobody cares about), but I noticed that we hadn't done t-bones yet, so I decided to go with that.

Menu:
Appetizers: Cheese (Brie, Manchego), Doug's Smoked Mushroom Dip (OMG!), freshly baked bread for dipping in DSMD or olive oil
Main Coures: T-bones topped with smoke roasted bone marrow butter, twice baked potatoes, small green salad
Dessert: Gin (sampled the batch I recently "made" in London), Bourbon (last night was Col EJ Taylor), Cigars (Arturo Fuente, R&J, Montecristo)

I won't bore you with details on all of it, but a quick note on Doug's awesome dip. I've read about it here on the forum for many years, and just never made it. I am kicking myself after tasting it, as I have deprived myself of this awesome concoction for so long! WOW, props to Doug on this one. Easy, and SO good!

Ok, onto the steaks......So the same butcher that supplied my marrow bones cut me off some beautiful t-bones. I splurged a bit and requested that they be cut to 1.75" thickness, and walked out of the store with just under 9 pounds of steaks (just four of them!) 😳 Since yesterday was a busy work day, I decided I would go with a sous vide preparation, as that allowed me to have the steaks ready to go for final searing with minimal fuss. By about 12:30, they were vac-packed and in the bath at 129F, and stayed there until about 7:15p. I got my Q200 screaming hot, and went for a sear at 3 minutes per side (these four monster steaks filled the Q200 grate completely!) After six minutes at high heat, I brought the steaks in and topped them with the smoked bone marrow butter (thanks for sharing that one, BrianCal!), and let them rest for a few minutes. At that point, the twice baked potatoes that I had fixed up the night before were reheated and ready to go, so we ate. The steaks were awesome (tender, juicy, great "tale of two steaks" with the strip and healthy filet portions), taters were tasty, and I think I ate my salad (but I don't really remember.) Spent the next couple of hours swapping stories over booze and cigars, and sent the guys home happy and full. Gotta run about 25 miles today to work that meal off! :)

Some pics......

Marrow bone and mushrooms:

49033464283_d0038f7af1_z.jpg

Stack of steaks:

49033963516_a1ec5e298b_z.jpg

Steak spa:

49033463448_a3500b9a7b_z.jpg

Appetizers (DSMD on the right):

49033463003_5ecf331bb8_z.jpg

Butter melted (need bigger plates!!):

49034276657_197eccedeb_z.jpg

Money shot:

49033962646_6c38607e1e_z.jpg

Thanks for looking folks! Hope your long weekend is a good one!

Rich

Can I join your club? If so can we start over with steak number 1 :D

Looks Fantastic!

And you did all that on a work night! You’re amazing Rich. Everything looks spectacular, but the steaks stole the show.

Yessir, that’s one fine feast!
My wife is not a big fan of beef (or Lamb and not big on Veal for that matter) so, when I have a serious beef Jones, I have to make sure her son is here!
He will make up for his mom not caring about beef in a big hurry!

Back