Genesis 310 NG w/ Side Cabinets

Dave in KC

TVWBB Wizard
I picked up this one late Sunday evening.

DTx9bAnl.jpg

My first intention was to convert to propane as usual.
However, now I am having other thoughts. I am considering
trying to sell it like it is. A special edition with the cabinets
might hold a certain appeal to NG users.
I have also considered converting to LP, removing the cabinets,
and selling each individually. A decent 310 SE always pulls $325.
The cabinets sell new for $399. I would like to think I get $150
for them, but that is purely a guess. I have never even seen a
set of these listed on the swap pages before.

Anyone have any experience reselling something similar?

I have seen a 2 or 3 for sale in Florida, one with non-matching colors. I never pursued any of them so can't give any valuation help. I might try to first sell as a package and, if no luck after a while, go to your plan B.

I have seen 1 or 2 as well but personally I would not want one. With all these wheels you need a perfectly flat ground to park it on. And with the rust prone cabinets of this type of base grill I am not sure these side cabinets are any better long term. I would try to flip it.

There has been one for sale in Palm Springs for at least a couple of months at $800 firm. Since it's still for sale, FMV is likely far less than that, at least in SoCal.

https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/app/d/palm-springs-weber-custom-bbq-dual/6979029810.html

Sellers are a little out of touch about pricing around here. There's a dude who has two really rough un-restored Genesis 1000 & 2000 priced at $175 firm. Another guy wants $385 for an early 2000's Summit Silver. Neither seller has budged on price in months.

Yah, that is why I am thinking I would not try to convert it to NG. It is the type of grill that you don't want to be moving around anyway.

He clearly has no intention of selling that any time soon.

I am going to get that all shined up and post just like it is in hopes
someone will prefer the NG. I would expect a little more well to do
customer to buy this. The weather has gotten really cold, and
I think I will offer delivery and setup with this one in hopes of
attracting a buyer looking for more than an old used grill.

Offering delivery and setup might be the key to moving that grill, literally. For many, just getting it home, situated and set up might be too daunting to deal with, but including that might be the ticket. I just think that thing should have a 4 or 6 burner in the middle of it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back